• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Texture Image

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An image I'm using as a texture for deep space.

I dislike using the background produced from hiding terrain in space maps.

Instead you can replace the image used in textures with this one.

No credits needed when using this in your map (it was a very simple process of copy + paste).

To put this in your map simply import, save, then modify a terrain image. Set this picture to both the texture and normal map otherwise you'll get some very odd display bugs.

Enjoy.

Edit: Updated to show less cropping, reduced some clutter in the star formations.

Preview image updated with current rework of image.

Keywords:
Space Background, Tga, Texture
Previews
Contents

Space.tga (Texture)

Reviews
21:55, 11th Sep 2013 Statharas: Texture is too large, find a way to make it smaller and turn it into a DDS.

M

21:55, 11th Sep 2013
Statharas: Texture is too large, find a way to make it smaller and turn it into a DDS.

Looks pretty cool =D, but not very seamless. I can clearly see the lines in between the tiles. Some of the stars are cut off, making it very apparent ;o.

Well I'm planning on shaping up those later. I more than literally just copy and pasted a star image multiple times to make it 1920x1080.

I'll update it at another time.

Edit: The main file is updated for less cropping and less star clutter, but I'm not going to change the screenshot provided.

Edit2: Preview image updated with current rework of image.

Last edited: