1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Space Hulk: Brood Wars

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by dragon_kid, Sep 23, 2009.

1. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Akama-style-Shadowmeld+Teamcolor

2. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh. I hate that...

3. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    And yet it's a common problem with custom models --;

4. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Double Toast, but have more screenies to show off.

Also, running into a tiny snag. It seems I misplaced my terrain path 'guide' I had running around, and beings I downloaded the Prophet before War3, I don't have my model pathing that way ^^; I hate it when I screw myself over.

On the bright side, I can at least start map building. I did a lot of my basis off of media of Imperium ships, until I realized I may need to add more to the sides of each map. Aw well, more mazey halls means more ambush tactics, amiright?

I'm also thinking of setting view permenently over the hero's head, at about 1000 up. That good?

Another thing: I'm also gonna set up some 'secret heros' off other races, based off other races. The goal is one uniqe hero unlockable on each side.

I am hitting a problem with an idea for a special ability for the Hellfire and Venerable for a ultimate skill that isn't too farfetched, thus I'm asking any Ultrasmurfs out there for a hand :grin:

Attached Files:

5. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    hellfire-empty out its missles in one single move. cooldown time=damn loooooong

oh and i think there shouldnt be a defiler just for the fact that the setting is in a space hulk, a very confined space, and a defiler is just too damn big. an obliterator maybe? then again, someone has to make the model...-_- and i dont want to make an obliterator...i hate organic...

6. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sadly, there isn't that many 40K models that goes into the 'elites' and 'heavy support' choices much besides the tanks D: That was the main hand-forcer for the defiler being the HS, but I also don't wanna force hands and beg for someone to do models of more sutible- or wanted- choices of troops and units (Chaos Dreadnought, Obliterators, Assault Terminators, etc.), as that goes against my 'wish to not bug people' clause, as that's one of the reasons I haven't started Space Marine's side that much either.

BTW, Hellfire Missiles are allready up for a tiered ability for the Hellfire Dreadnought, beat ya to that lol

7. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Locked cameras swerve extremely unpredictably, and are not a wise choice. They make gameplay a lot harder.

8. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    they are really frustrating in fact. one of many things that piss me off
    also, locked cameras make me motion sick

9. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok then, no fixed camera ^^;

10. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ohh, whoops, misread. I thought you said you would fix the camera behind the player. No, having it over the player is a good idea, it makes using hotkeys a lot easier.

11. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nonononono, definately a Overhead, not a FPS. FPS cams only add lag IMO.

Well, if I can find a replacement for the Defiler, I'll replace it with that for the Chaos side and make the Defiler a secret hero then, though if not, I'll haveta leave it there. Going to work on finishing the Chaos side hopefully today, as well as final tweaking at the halls.

12. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Newest Changes, quite a lot today:

-Added Several new spells: Sight of Chaos and Bolts of Chaos for the Sorceror, Activate Jumpack for the Raptor, Nurgle's Rot to the Terminator, Ground Smash for the Defiler
    -Only thing left for the map is doodading it and custom texturing, or is it good as it is with the Black Citidel?
    -Changed the armor/attack system quite a bit. Not only is attack names different (Piercing is now Bolter, for example) we now also have a new 'chart' of defensework.
    -Began planning out three 'questable' heroes- Necron Warrior, Tau XV15 Stealthsuit, and Eldar Autarch. These units are strong, but hidden, needing special items in order to get to them, plus they replace your current heros.

Armor/Damage Ratios
    [Damage][Blade][Bolter][Chaos][Rending][Power][Hero][Spells]
    [Tyranid][0.50][0.75][1.00][1.00][2.00][1.00][1.00]
    [Metal][1.00][1.00][1.00][1.00][2.50][1.75][1.75]
    [Flak][1.00][1.00][1.00][1.00][2.00][1.50][1.50]
    [Carapace][1.00][1.00][1.00][1.00][1.50][1.25][1.25]
    [Power][0.75][0.75][0.95][1.00][1.25][0.90][0.75]
    [Terminator][0.50][0.50][0.90][1.00][1.00][0.75][0.50]
    [Hero][0.85][0.85][0.85][1.00][1.00][1.00][0.85]
    [Vehicle][0.25][0.50][1.00][1.00][1.50][0.75][0.50]

Understandibly, the armor used now depends on the unit. Tyranid armor is globaly the Tyranid side, and is useful because only smaller strains are used anyway. Power and Terminator armor is reserved for Space and Chaos Marines respectively, and currently, only 4 units will have the uber Vehicle armor, the three Dreadnoughts and the Defiler.

C&C as usual, but I hit another confusing idea. What would be a good way to represent throwing an explosive? I'm currently using Flame Strike, but it doesn't show the projectile and it don't look as good IMO

13. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    umm i am sure you can just change missile art then change projectile speed
    or cluster rockets.

14. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    make the bolters stronger. seriously, theyre EXPLOSIVE bullets.

15. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Flak, what?

16. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    flak is what the imperial guards wear
    and please. oh by dear god, dont make the bolter a rapid fire weapon like an smg. its a burst fire weapon that shoots heavy slugs

17. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, it is also an anti-air cannon. D:

18. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    The attack/armor chart is how I'm setting up the basic attacks, not the speed on how they work, trust me. I'm still tweaking as I go, give me a benifit.

19. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    tried that, missile art's a no-show. And I allready have two different cluster rocket spells DX

20. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i know that. i was just reminding you to PLEASE NOT DO A RAPID FIRE BOLTER!!