• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soviet/Russian Federation soldier +tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
LuL i will make that AA thing :D

Attachments

• aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 233
Level 13
Uh Wow, Kofi that was random and... awesome !

If i could ask 1 model it would be a BTR-80 now that the shika and T80 are done, maybe some kind of light russian tank or... oh whatever. awesome shika, needs a few wheels but otherwise thats it. REALLY accurate representation.

Level 34
Then let's try to find more to let our minion - erh our dear friend model it. :pir:
How about the Russian BTR-80?

Attachments

• 993558.jpg
    993558.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 511
  • btr-80-line.gif
    btr-80-line.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 716
  • btr-80.gif
    btr-80.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 890
  • btr70-2l.jpg
    btr70-2l.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,573
Level 13
Kofi, your making Russian tanks for nothing. If anything i should appologise for MY lack of thanks.

Kofi: other models to consider: T-62 (for a light-medium tank, optional of course)

KA-50 (medium attack helicopter)

Some kind of russian personelle car, this could be any car thats reskinned green with a star or something.

A truck ? (not really needed)

Honestly, a BTR-80 is by far the most usefull of that list, im glad your doing that first.

PS: PLEASE PM ME, i wish to show you the map these will be used in !

Edit: So far going off topic has been fairly rewarding, so ill let this continue, if i see any idiocy though, i will take steps to stop it, so far though, you can do whatever as any post you make bumps my glourious thread !

Level 34
Trying to find more things for you and Kofi.

Some KA-50 pics.

And how about some other vehicles?

I had to post the last two, looked funny. =P

Attachments

• Ka50TopView1oClock.jpg
    Ka50TopView1oClock.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 388
  • Ka50_10.jpg
    Ka50_10.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,763
  • ka50_6.jpg
    ka50_6.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 281
  • ka-50-2-s.gif
    ka-50-2-s.gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,454
  • ka50_schem_01.jpg
    ka50_schem_01.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 962
  • ka50_shop.jpg
    ka50_shop.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 233
  • Pauli_Rouvali_UAZ_2.jpg
    Pauli_Rouvali_UAZ_2.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 524
  • GAZhandcrank.jpg
    GAZhandcrank.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 276
  • apcsx6.jpg
    apcsx6.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 4326.jpg
    4326.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Gaz66%20for%20sale%20military%204x4%20(1).jpg
    Gaz66%20for%20sale%20military%204x4%20(1).jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 3,369
  • smartcarpic2.jpg
    smartcarpic2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 621
  • andrew-tsar_szaloga3.jpg
    andrew-tsar_szaloga3.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 490
Level 13
Wait, ill see when the war started, kinda forgot they came in that late...

Ok it was between 1994-1996, so your correct, the KA-50 wouldnt be used then, i already have 2 Mi24 models however, both are already in the map lol, so i definately dont need kofi to make any more of those.

The second war did eventualy see its service if what wikipedia says is true, apparently the insurgency following the war is continuing to this day (cant really count on this info though) So technicaly the KA-50 could see service in my map if i change it to the second war.

In any case, it would be an awesome model to have.

Uh, yeah the last 2 are random divine, whatever the other pics are good so i dont mind.

For additional vehicles, it would be usefull to have:
a BMP-2 amphibious APC
some sort of heavy APC, i cant think of any off the top of my head.
Tank destroyers
Some sort of russian half-track.

Thats a preety dismal list, i cant think of any names sadly, hopefully TheDivineBoss can think up some pictures for those.

The model i need the most out of that list is the BMP-2, that model would be awesome.

Level 34
Hmmz...............
BMP-2's hey? Found something: Four pics. http://www.fallingpixel.com/product.php/323

Got some ZiS-42 pictures too. Four of them
And a nice icon:
zis_42.jpg

The Tank Destroyer SU-100 5 pics.

Edit: Found SU-100.

Erh Massive, I can't find any Heavy APC pics. :( The BTR-80 (check my post higher up) is fine too, right?

Attachments

• bmp2-line.jpg
    bmp2-line.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,754
  • bmp_2_2_resize.gif
    bmp_2_2_resize.gif
    83 KB · Views: 720
  • bmp2_1.jpg
    bmp2_1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 623
  • bg_BMP2.jpg
    bg_BMP2.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 264
  • ZIS-42%20Front_small.jpg
    ZIS-42%20Front_small.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 359
  • ZIS-42%20w_122mm%20M-30_small.jpg
    ZIS-42%20w_122mm%20M-30_small.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 480
  • ZIS-42_small.jpg
    ZIS-42_small.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 270
  • ZIS-42%20Rear_small.jpg
    ZIS-42%20Rear_small.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 330
  • nicksu-3.jpg
    nicksu-3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 627
  • su100.gif
    su100.gif
    54 KB · Views: 963
  • su100_bp2_cut.JPG
    su100_bp2_cut.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 555
  • su100_b.jpg
    su100_b.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 190
  • su100_a.jpg
    su100_a.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Level 5
The BMP is not an APC. Its an IFV. On a basic level it is a heavy APC. The Ka-50 was used during the chechen wars, I'm just not sure if it was the first or second. Second chechen war was 1999-2000.

You would also really need a T-72 model. They were used much more then the elite T-80s.

Also the Mt-Lb heavy APC:
MTLB_lp.jpg

800px-MTLB.JPG

Mtlb.jpg

Level 13
Yup, it is, now all you need to do is some wheels, some print on it and maybe a gun on it. Simple and efficient.

Yeah i agree, thats about all it needs really.

and on the MT-LB....

Looks cool ! definately an APC, about the IFV thing, yeah i always get the 2 mixed up.

Sooo i guess add the MT-LB to the list as well.

Level 13
Wow. That model + camo blows me away, i totaly cant wait for more of kofi's work.

Edit: and, erm, yeah i still really need a russian infantry model. I made a nice description for it an everything ! With Pictures ! and videos !

In any case, this request HAS really paid off, i just need that one infantryman to tie it all together.

Level 34
Well, since I can't find some other pics (because you already got them)
I shall do this:

Hi, though many of you don't know it, ive recently undertaken a small project to make a map about the Russian invasion of Chechnya, (first war, post soviet union collapse).

The map is taking its first feeble steps, beta testing will begin soon, after the chechnyan rebels/military is finalized.

Pics can be found attached, i appologise for the watermark, try to ignore it.
some of these pictures are old and need updating.
The crashed plane there is from a map, since no author has yet claimed it as his work, it goes anonymous, however i belive it (or at least its texture) has been made by illidan(X)evil, as have the "hind" attack helicopters in picture 5, credit will be given to him for both of those models untill someone comes in and claims them (with proof). If Illidan sees this and wants these models out, so be it.

Let me say this here and now: the map was made out of the want for epic battles in a city with russians, i am in no way attemting to make a political statement, i do not mean to offend any chechnyans or russians.

Also: the skins i use are (hopefully) place-holders. The buildings seen are from a War of the Worlds project which can be seen here : http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=84366&highlight=war+of+the+worlds
They were made by Gruftbestie.

The vehicles and cars were made by Kofi_banan.

Note: the map is still in a WIP status, it is not a campaing and as skillfull users will see, is indeed another LOAP map.

But still, LOAP has become more of a template map for much greater things, i intend to fix jobs, prevent unbalance as much as possible (after the beta versions) between the major sides.

The terrain is nearing a final state of completion, while i like to hear comments please send them VIA PM so this thread is not cluttered

There, now none of that map BS will happen, we can get on to the request

Probably something hard to make but to hell with it, i need a russian soldier:
the_russian_soldier-small.jpg

etu.gif

forces200.jpg

Russiasoldier_L.jpg

b000706d.jpg

chechnya_russia25_3.jpg

_40435879_russian_soldiers203.jpg

RussianSoldier.jpg

0822_A99.jpg

US_and_Russian_paratroopers.jpg

ArmyMan.jpg

1013_G40.jpg

VIDEOS Of russian soldiers in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHqIeDnmp_0&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuM3RSv-6g&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lCII7MxFbI&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gjo5dvZQgc&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIjV4VS5ZNw&mode=related&search=
(I appologize for the music, hell its the best i could find, better ones may be added)

Details: i want him weaponless, with animations that simulate him firing a machine gun rifle or assault rifle

The fuzzy hat some of them wear as well as the toque is not needed but can be added if one wanted to. (id perfer to have him with a helmet)

the animations can be simple, stand walk attack death dissipate, that sort of thing, no special duck or any animations like that, keep it simple.

note: im currently using a combination of US infantry and weaponless models for my soviets, even one single model Russian infantry model would be awesome.

Final note: i doubt the mods will let me submit my map here, since its a loap and after reading the rules ill need to ask every single original creator of loap and the creator of the specific loap map for permission, thats not going to happen. While I and StankyNuggy's are friends, he has not explicitly given me permission to do this. Quote: (stankynuggys) "Hey unit i like your maps" Me: "so you dont mind me editing loap maps ?" Him: "Just give credit".

While that makes me feel better about what i do it doesnt help with the rules or the mods, and i have no proof beyond memmory, plus i could have just lied there.

when its done ill post a link to epicwar with the map.

Thanks for the time, please help me make these !

Update: pictures of the map added. Yess my terraining skill fails. more info for them can be found above.

AMEN!

Level 13
One could call that spam, a link to it would be better. Anyway, yeah i think i put enough information there for someone to pick it up.

On the topic of illidan, i sent a PM when i originaly made this request, since i think i am using some of his unreleased models and because i need his infantry, but he has not responded. No matter, i wont hold it against him, if hes ignoring me its probably because i have been less than helpfull on his Tiberium Sun Project, which i may as well quit from since NO ONE has contacted me since my "recruitment" Oh well, again i hold no grudges.

Level 13
A jet ? hmm i dunno i dont think i have any need of those. Heli's maybe but probably not jets.
thanks for the offer, but ill pass.

An infantry model though, thats something i want, its the only reason i bumped this. look on post 1 for the request.

Illidans infantry would be perfect for this, but since the only 2 people i know who have it (illidan and zt2211) are not disposed to talk to me about it, i shall continue to bump this thread :)

Edit2: damn, no pictures to be found. oh well.

Last edited:
Level 34
A jet ? hmm i dunno i dont think i have any need of those. Heli's maybe but probably not jets.
thanks for the offer, but ill pass.

An infantry model though, thats something i want, its the only reason i bumped this. look on post 1 for the request.

Illidans infantry would be perfect for this, but since the only 2 people i know who have it (illidan and zt2211) are not disposed to talk to me about it, i shall continue to bump this thread :)

Edit2: damn, no pictures to be found. oh well.

It's a great idea to just check the PierceBrosman James Bond movies? With the commie soldiers? Those are great examples. :)

Level 13
I know kofi cant help, he has told me personaly he is bad at making infantry models.

As for Divine's post: why not ? that would be cool, i suppose they would work in the map since most of the people who play the map actualy think russian soldiers look like that (and not like what i posted images of). If anyones willing to do anything like that i'd be much obliged and the request would be done.

Divine, if you would be so kind as to get pictures of what the russians look like in those movies id be happy, i personaly have not seen them or cant remember what they were like !

Level 34
It was quite tricky to find them but I think I've found them.

In the background of the first,
Don't ask me about the second one but you've got a idea how they shall look like a bit. And yes, most of them are from the old JB game. Horrible looks and details. I think I have gave you 'some' ideas how they'd look like.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 139
  • ourumov.jpg
    ourumov.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 528
  • ak47dam.jpg
    ak47dam.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 133
  • mixedsgphantom.jpg
    mixedsgphantom.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 146
  • bondhostage2.jpg
    bondhostage2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 125
  • russianbond2.jpg
    russianbond2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 96
  • golden.jpg
    golden.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 97
  • pickupspyder2.jpg
    pickupspyder2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 302
  • pickupspyder.jpg
    pickupspyder.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 171
  • guards.jpg
    guards.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 364
Level 13
The war in Chechnya came after the (recent) russian "revoloution" or the fall of communisim, so yeah.

Those soldiers are from ww2 btw, i dont want russians like that.

On a random note: holy crap those N64 models look like utter SHIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.