• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Almost, there has been a little setback but it's coming along nicely. The setback I was talking about is my internet speed, it took me two days to download one damn video. I promise to give it to you... soon. :D

Level 5
Fingolfin, correct me If I'm wrong, I am doing this process:
Step 1: Download video/Mp3 files
Step 2: Cut them one by one
Step 3: Convert the cut pieces of Mp3 to WAVE file
Step 4: Edit the WAVE pieces by cutting unnecessary parts.
Step 5: Equalize the sound by doing something.

This is the easiest way in my opinion:

• Download and install RealTeks audio drivers (thank me later)
  • Enable "Stereo Mix channel" in the sound properties menu (just google stereo mix and read what it does)
  • Download Audacity (free) and open the settings menu (ctrl + p)
  • Under "units" (or "drives" or whatever it is called, the first tab anyhow), set its recording channel to Stereo Mix and channel to Mono. This will cause it to record anything that comes out of your speaker channel!!
  • Under Quality, set the sampling frequency to 22050Hz 32-bit (this is what warcraft uses)
  • Press the record button and play your sound, either in the sc2 editor, on youtube, ingame, or whatever you wish, as long as it is playing in your speakers. Once done, you can select and delete pieces of the track you don't need, such as silence. There are lots of useful filters you can use aswell, such as fade in/out (use on selected part), pitch change, and noise removal (can be used to remove any background static as long as it is constant).
  • Export the sound as WAV. If you download LAME plugin, you can also export as .mp3, and select any bitrate you need to reduce filesize. However, i am not sure if .mp3 files can be used to replace the internal sounds of wc3, only as music or triggered sound effects.

EDIT: I attached the sounds you wanted! Those were all i could find for now. I also have some Immortal sounds already made if you need them.

Attachments

• ZealotSounds.rar
    588.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.