• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Sound appearing on the map even after being deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
EDIT: Solution has been found (tldr - my mistake, lmao)

So I have a weird case up my sleeve, this actually never happened to me before.

I used to have an old sound in the map that I used for maybe one week or so, and after I've found a replacement for it, I naturally deleted it and imported the new sound.

The new sound works fine, however the OLD sound (which was deleted) sometimes pops out at the end of the game when the entire cinematic ends for absolutely no reason.

I've checked manually in sound editor, Import Manager and there is literally nothing.

Also tried re-importing the old sound and then deleting it again, still the same bug occurs.

Also I snooped around with MPQ editor to see if it's maybe hidden somewhere, nope, I don't see it anywhere in the map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Check object manager (f11) too, almost certain it's somewhere in there.

Good idea, but as far as I can tell, the file is nowhere to be found, since I still have the same file on the computer and I know exactly what the file name is, but unfortunately I think I somehow bugged the map at this point and I was hoping of finding a method to get rid of it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try restarting your computer in case it is some sort of driver stack level cache. Such as when trying to play an invalid sound it happens to pull some buffer that still holds that sound. This seems unlikely but worth a try.

Sending the map to other people to verify if they hear the sound as well might be a good idea. If they do not hear the sound then the sound could be getting pulled from some local cache or your file system. If they do hear the sound then either the sound is a standard sound that is always available, or it is hidden somewhere in the map data.

Level 12
Try restarting your computer in case it is some sort of driver stack level cache. Such as when trying to play an invalid sound it happens to pull some buffer that still holds that sound. This seems unlikely but worth a try.

Sending the map to other people to verify if they hear the sound as well might be a good idea. If they do not hear the sound then the sound could be getting pulled from some local cache or your file system. If they do hear the sound then either the sound is a standard sound that is always available, or it is hidden somewhere in the map data.
Users reported that the sound is present during online gameplay so it definitely isnt just me.

However it is possible that fhe sound somehow got mixed as a default sound so I guess Ill cycle through all standard sounds and check if its there.

But if the sound is not in the standard and imported sounds, where on Earth could it be?

Is it possible that the sound can actually somehow get hidden if deleted improperly?

Level 12
Update - after nearly 3 hours of intense digging through 700 normal sounds, I realized that one of the newly imported sounds actually had the old sound recorded over it due to my mistake which I absolutely had no clue about it.

Well I guess the mystery has been solved, thanks once again to everyone who helped, case closed!

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.