• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soul Eater Aura v1.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deathdoorway
Simple spell what allows hero to gain stats, hp, mana when killing a unit.

Keywords:
soul eater aura
Contents

Soul Eater Aura v1.00 (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 03:02, 27th Jul 2012 Magtheridon96: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/ This oughta help you. Also, to avoid waits, read the "Delayed MUI Spells...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

03:02, 27th Jul 2012
Magtheridon96: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/

This oughta help you.

Also, to avoid waits, read the "Delayed MUI Spells Without Waits" section of this tutorial.

Currently, this has leaks and is not MUI.

Here I'll post them for you:

• Learning Soul Eater Aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Soul Eater Aura
    • Actions
      • -------- Turns on trigger what gives bonuses of aura. --------
      • Set Owner_Se_aura = (Learning Hero)
      • Trigger - Turn on Soul Eater Aura <gen>
  • Soul Eater Aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Killing unit) Equal to Owner_Se_aura
    • Actions
      • Set Target_Se_aura = (Dying unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Max life of Target_Se_aura) Greater than or equal to 100.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Target_Se_aura) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Wait 0.30 seconds
          • -------- Stats, mana, health gained by kill under effect of the aura. --------
          • Hero - Modify Strength of Owner_Se_aura: Add 1
          • Hero - Modify Intelligence of Owner_Se_aura: Add 1
          • Hero - Modify Agility of Owner_Se_aura: Add 1
          • Unit - Set mana of Owner_Se_aura to ((Mana of Owner_Se_aura) + ((Max mana of Target_Se_aura) / 10.00))
          • Unit - Set life of Owner_Se_aura to ((Life of Owner_Se_aura) + ((Max life of Target_Se_aura) / 10.00))
          • -------- Stats, mana, health gained by kill under effect of the aura. --------
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Owner_Se_aura) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MarkOfChaos\MarkOfChaosTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Well it's not MUI or MPI, uses a wait (which is inaccurate for creating delays)
Also when you refer to the dying unit, you can just use triggering unit and it's faster, leaks locations is too simple, etc.

I'd suggest reading the following tutorials:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...s-279/how-create-spells-gui-beginning-201867/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/mui-triggers-waits-218354/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...279/multi-instancible-gui-spell-making-34393/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/complete-list-things-leak-126761/

Level 14
The spell is not MUI (as Tank-Commander said) and i'll explain why. The stats are gained if the last hero who learned the spell kills an unit. I mean that if Unit 1 (U1 to short it) learns the spell and kills an unit, it will work. If U2 (other unit) learns the spell after U1 and kills an unit, U2 will gain a stat which is right. But U1 will no longer be able to gain stats, hp and mana because U2 overwrited U1, thus U1 is no longer in the system because of this

Level 2
The spell is not MUI (as Tank-Commander said) and i'll explain why. The stats are gained if the last hero who learned the spell kills an unit. I mean that if Unit 1 (U1 to short it) learns the spell and kills an unit, it will work. If U2 (other unit) learns the spell after U1 and kills an unit, U2 will gain a stat which is right. But U1 will no longer be able to gain stats, hp and mana because U2 overwrited U1, thus U1 is no longer in the system because of this

Than i will make v1.01 later. :p

Level 10
Its a good aura but your missing a few things. No documentation which Hive wont approve your resource, isnt MPI which only allows 1 person to have this to work. I suggest using Arrays for this.

To make MPI use this for variable arrays
Set Owner_Se_aura[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Learning Hero)

Your also Leaking a point "(Position of Target_Se_aura)" is a leak in progress. Set a point variable to that WITH the same MPI i stated then Use custom script to remove it. With that being said Its 3.5/5 until change

Level 14
@deathdoorway, if the spell is only MPI, it won't be approved. It has to be MUI as well! I personally make spells MUI trough Hanky's Indexing System but for this spell... i'm not sure if it's going to fit well. Perhaps it should be made MUI with hashtables...

Level 10
Personally this spell doesnt need MUI at all since its a passive. MPI fits just right without overdoing triggers and adding loops for no reason. I understand the rules are rules but certain spells wont require an extensive MUI triggering. I'm sure alot of mods would be agreeing on this one. Ive never understood hashtables so i would go with indexing system

Level 14
It doesn't matter if the ability is passive or active. MPI (Multi Player Instanceable) means that only ONE UNIT per player (player 1, player 2, etc.) can have the ability working. Only ONE of his units. For the hive, all units on a map need to be able to have the ability that is being uploaded here.

Otherwise, you are right. Some spells can be only MPI, but this one needs to be MUI! If it's MPI and you have 2 units in your map with Soul Eater aura, only one of them will actually benefit from it!