• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sorceress.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
So, this is my first skin, everything is freehand, and I know, the hair looks weird in the skin but it have a nice look in game. My intention was to make a Scarlet Crusade Sorceress, but as you can see, it doesn't worked as I thought it would...

Also, this skin may be written to two different paths as a new sorceress model was introduced in the frozen throne expansion. The paths are as follows:
Units\Human\Sorceress\BloodElfSorceress.blp
Units\Human\Sorceress\Sorceress.blp

If you use it, give me credits, and please don't change it without my permission.
I hope you like it!

Keywords:
Sorceress, Scarlet Crusade, Human.
Contents

Scarlet Crusade Sorceress (Texture)

Reviews
04:59, 16th Jun 2014 Misha: no.. it really doesn't have enough changes.. her hair is looking like dirty straw, the cape and shoulders are plainly white with.. 'something' that does not compliment her, and with no shape, highlights, or shadows...

M

04:59, 16th Jun 2014
Misha: no.. it really doesn't have enough changes.. her hair is looking like dirty straw, the cape and shoulders are plainly white with.. 'something' that does not compliment her, and with no shape, highlights, or shadows whatsoever, her bra and hip parts seem like just some eraser-squiggle and i never liked those tiny little thongs sorceress has

Level 14
I guess a custom model would fit the theme better.

Otherwise, nice idea, and a somewhat decent execution. I don't really like that the cloth is made of two colours only, I suggest you blur the border between them and add more shading (ripples in the cloth, shadows, etc.)

Also, the icon on the back looks dreadfully awful (or awfully dreadful, it's your choice). Just replace it with one of the various Scarlet Crusade icons.

2/5, vote for approval.

Level 25
I'm not sure you understand what freehand is. Freehand means you drew it entirely by yourself (no filters, no recoloring, no CnP etc.). Most of this texture is unedited (the face and skin, golden parts, heck, even the symbol on the back has just been cropped). Remember, 75% of a skin has to be freehand (although sometimes this rule is ignored if the skin is exceptional).
Now, another equally (if not more) important rule, is the one of shading and highlights. The parts you drew lack these. The cape and shoulders lack it entirely, and you seem to have done some for the arms and legs, but it still needs to be better.
I suggest you check out some Texturing Tutorials here on Hive to better get the hang of it. Otherwise, if texturing is something you really want to do, just keep practicing, and maybe create a thread in the "Texturing and Surfacing" sub-forum for feedback.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

I share same opinion as suer above me.Simple and useful.Another Scarlet Crusader skin to collection.

Level 11
Also, the icon on the back looks dreadfully awful (or awfully dreadful, it's your choice). Just replace it with one of the various Scarlet Crusade icons.

Do you mean that thing inside of the "circle"?
Yeah, I might change it. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure you understand what freehand is. Freehand means you drew it entirely by yourself (no filters, no recoloring, no CnP etc.). Most of this texture is unedited (the face and skin, golden parts, heck, even the symbol on the back has just been cropped). Remember, 75% of a skin has to be freehand (although sometimes this rule is ignored if the skin is exceptional).
Now, another equally (if not more) important rule, is the one of shading and highlights. The parts you drew lack these. The cape and shoulders lack it entirely, and you seem to have done some for the arms and legs, but it still needs to be better.
I suggest you check out some Texturing Tutorials here on Hive to better get the hang of it. Otherwise, if texturing is something you really want to do, just keep practicing, and maybe create a thread in the "Texturing and Surfacing" sub-forum for feedback.

I understand, and yeah, I should really read a tuturial, thanks for the feedback!

I like it, simple but it gets the point across. I think its good!

I share same opinion as suer above me.Simple and useful.Another Scarlet Crusader skin to collection.

Thanks!