• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Song of Fire and Ice (Warning: May contain spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So I have a few questions about the Song and Ice and Fire novels by George R.R Martin. I have only read the first book, A Game of Thrones so I'm unaware of what happens outside the show the rest of the way and there are a few things I think the shows did not cover that I wish to ask.

First of all why did not the Martell family side with Robb Stark neither of them hold any love for the Lannisters, both of them sought revenge for lost family members and they both seemed to have a strong moral compass compared to other families? Had Robb been granted the Martell forces he could easily have marched on Casterly Rock. (Or so I assume since the Martells managed to hold beck the Targaryens) The Martells was also strongly against the Usurper so I doubt they had any love for his son.

Second is the character Mya Stone who was talking Catelyn Stark and from their conversation it seemed like Mya had no idea of who her father was, is this a false notion? It seems rather weird since her name is Stone so Robbert has made it clear that Mya is his daughter. Robbert also had a large interest for Mya when he was young as we can gather from Eddard that he used to spend a huge amount of time with Mya and dragged Eddard along at times. Half the people in the Eyrie must know I've a hard time to imagine that Mya doesn't.

After Robbs death Oberyn decided to travel alone to King's Landing, why did he not bring an army? The Lannisters have fought two wars against two different kings and they are weaker than ever before. Ser Jorah told Daenerys that 6 000 men might be enough to take Westeros and I can't help to imagine that the Martells have a lot more men considering that Robb had 20 000. And I who have live inside the Arctic Circle know more than well just how small the population tends to be in a desolate snow covered peninsula.

Status
Not open for further replies.