• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something to begin a journey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Recently I have made a somewhat a 'Prologue' map for an idea I came up with after playing 'Tale of a Footman - Frederick' made by Hive-member Whitewolf8...

The map is kinda small (32x64) and the idea was several company of Footmen were send to the north in respond to an Orc invasion, but the whole company was wiped out except for one Footman (the Protagonist)... After regain consciousness, the Protagonist survey the boarder and the landscape is covered with bodies of dead Footmen and several Orcs scouring the land to end any survivor's life... He did manage to rescue several lucky Foot-soldier survivors and make their way to the military outpost at the bottom of the map, only to find it scorched by the invaders... Soon a company of Knights from the Central Division Army appearS and hear the survivors out...

Question No.1
How to make blood splatters on the ground of the map...?

Question No.2
How to create un-select-able unit corpses from already existing units...?

Question No.3
What else can I do to enrich the landscape I have made...?

Attachments

• Prologue_WIP01.png
    Prologue_WIP01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 188
Level 30
For the question no. 3, the terrain's view is pretty much bad. Maybe you should show an angle where a point can be seen clearly so everyone can see what's wrong or not... by the way, seeing it as unfinish yet, you could try changing that Grassy Dirt tile to something more fitting, like a Grass tile.

Also, seeing from that view, you removed the shadows? Don't! It will look bad to be honest. Also, put some trees or doodads/destructibles at the ends so we will not see the bounds that is so empty. You could also add additionally some fogs and weather effects that suits your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.