• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Something New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have some ideas, curious if what I have planned is capable of being done correctly. Pretty much the main points of what I'm going to attempt to do is to have a branched "evolution" of each of the 4 main races. Essentially you would start with the original worker unit, and you would "evolve" into a direction of your choice, and once your choice has been made, you can't change it and the other options are now no longer available. There would be a lot of real life ideas included, such as if you play as human, one direction you could take is to "study" the moon and become transformed into the Worgen and your entire game would go accordingly farther and farther into that direction, (or any of the other choices). With a custom tech-tree according to each direction, with every one being different. Most of the standard human choices are not available and you are now the Worgen. You could even continue going in the standard human "evolution", however you would have more units/buildings/ext still, it just would be more recognizable and would add some things for the classic gamer. Another idea is extending each race direction into being upgrade-able more than just 3 times. the specific number is undetermined, but probably around 5 or 6 tiers. With the 5th tier approaching "god tier". The worker units would actually level up depending on how well they perform and become better worker units. At the final tier (the 6th), you would gain access to an extremely powerful unit/hero/god that could potentially change the course of battle. When it would come to heroes, I had planned of having approximately 10 choices for each branch of each race. With some possibly being shared among others. I have collected 400+ models alone and am giving credit for every piece I use accordingly, even though it will most likely be for personal use. I've been playing WarCraft III for over 10 years now and I've been on this site on and off ever since I found it. I've always wanted to make something new and interesting and when I was younger, I honestly had no idea how to. I just would use random skins/models and make rudimentary maps. Now I have a game plan and am putting it all together, I'm just unsure of how to go about doing this all in game. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated on this project.

Level 9
U wil need a lot of upgrades basing off Berserker upgrade

Also.....
Triggers will be very essential... still ucant manage a whole rae upgrade with jus 1 upgrade so..... u make a dummy upgrade and many more dummy upgrades and make a trigger when the upgrade is upgraded.... use triggers to activate the dummyupgs

Status
Not open for further replies.