• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something from nothing :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi again! :) Anyway, ive been doing things on my own lately and have been getting some good progress. Now what i want to do is be able to make it so clans can use my map as a recruiter... FOR INSTANCE

EVENTS
Player - player 1(red) types the message -clanobs (color) as an exact match. ( i have all of the colors already put in the event list.. so we can skip this part :p )
CONDITIONS
ACTIONS
( i really dont know what to put here)

I want it to be only red that can do this... And i would like it so that when red does type -clanobs... two dialogue buttons come up saying "YES" and "NO" [i have also already made the dialogue buttons]
If yes, then red gets shared vision of the color he typed it. If the player clicks no, nothing happens. So perhaps something like this:

ACTIONS
Quest - Display to (All Players) the hint message: Red has chosen ... ...
Unit - pause all units
Dialogue - creat a dialogue button for clanobs labelled YES
Set Yes - (Last created Dialogue button)
Dialogue - create a dialogue button for clanobs labelled NO
Set No - (Last created Dialogue button)

[ i know im missing something in here. Anyone want to help me fill it in???

Level 9
Funny thing... Its not for a b.net clan... please dont assume... And we wont go there, due to the fact that it will make me mad, and then i may end up getting banned from this site, for rude and untimely remarks. Its for herowars clans. Because that is the map i have been making. In order to recruit for herowars... there are certain things one needs to look for... and in order to do that, gotta be able to see the inventory. So please... quiet down next time you think someone is doing something that would make a game seem crappier... you dont even know the full details...:zip:

Status
Not open for further replies.