• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something about Campaign Editor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello people, and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...

I'm making a campaign in the WE and i'm using the campaign editor. I do all my edited data and put in the data of the campaign editor, but, apparently, when i try to put it in a map of the campaign it simply don't appears.

I tried to put a edited hero in the editor and did it, but, when i test the map, the hero don't appears.

Someone can tell-me what's going on?

I will send the campaign with this post, so everybody can see this more clearly.

Attachments

• QFPL.w3n
    313.9 KB · Views: 58
Level 5
So far I can only guess.. think it has to do soemthing with the game-cache.. do you have a trigger in your map(s) that load data from a saved game / from the campaign editor file?
If not, that could be the problem...

Level 4
nops...the map dont have any triggers yet... i only put the all data object from a map to the campaign object editor

The Reason why is because when you test the map its only getting the units out of the object editor and doesn't load the Campaign Data. I had this problem but the solution is to open War3 and open your campaign.

ah, that explains why I haven't ecountered the error... coz I opened it using war3 (I dont really use the test map button coz it really causes weird things)...

Level 4
I thanks all for the help... strangely, the test button really cause weird things.
However, i tested like you did "opening the war3 and, then, opening the campaign" and it works. Very strange

Thanks to all for the help :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.