• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Someone to do Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have been working on a map called Crimson Valley for a while. It is a castle defense (kind of - think Helm's Deep plus a bit of LOTR and some Battleships), and is almost complete. There is only one thing that remains to be done.

The triggers for opening/closing the various gates in the map were made by me almost four years ago, when I was still teaching myself how to trigger. I would appreciate it if someone could replace the (opengate) and (closegate) text-based triggers I have now with a gate lever for each gate.

I could do this myself, but I have two other projects I'm working on, plus real life.

I don't think this will take long. Thanks in advance.

Whoever helps will have his/her name added to the credits.

Here is the map.

Attachments

• Crimson Valley.w3x
    250.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Level 24
In the time you spent writing this, you could have made the gates.

There are tutorials widely available, and it is rather simple. None-the-less.

A Unit Is Attacked
If Attacked Unit = Level 025
Then Open Gate 003

Or, you can open all gates within an x region around the lever.

Level 6
here i did the gates as u requested. note; some of your triggers are completely useless and could be shorten. i also check for leaks but since it a relatively trigger less-intensive game there were none =). due to the uncertanty of the location of the levers i did what is a one way exit with the defender able to open them and close them when they more out. hovever if it isnt what u want feel free to move them about. in addition if u still need help u could call me =)
Hope u acess the hyperlink within the week else it be removed =(
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=96ykg0
p.s how did u do the attach file thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.