• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lever gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys so i have a gate i open with a lever, the lever has both abilities gate close and open
I have triggers in order to link the lever to a gate it looks like this :
upload_2020-6-7_23-31-48.png

It worked for a gate i have in the map, the first one, but this one and almost every others don't work with this way i don't know why lol
I'd love some help please :)

Level 3
Thank's for your answer ! i will study this guide indeed it's very usefull !
Well it is the same exept the doodads and the lever gens are different
Yeah indeed but i have paste the recipe for all my other gates lol

Level 21
there are probably people here who can tell what you did wrong just by looking at what you posted already, but if you have two similar triggers - one worked and one didn't, it would help to figure out what went wrong if you also post the one that worked (and as you"ll see - posting triggers is a lot faster than taking screenshots and uploading them... ).

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can remove the Unit-type of triggering unit equal to Lever condition. You already check to see if it's your Lever with Triggering unit equal to Lever.

And try Opening the Gate before you play it's Death Animation.

Last edited:
Level 3
well i tried and it itsn't working

at this point im' sure it has to do with the doodad itself, since the doodad for the black gate worked

Level 3
well it appears by doing what you told me to do plus pasting the gate that was working and changing just the model i was able to make it work ! thanks so much :D

Level 3
Allright i'll try that too because i have to insist on close gate ability like clicking 2-3 tmes before it works but it works still lol
thank's

Edit: well it works the same way so i don't know ahah

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Go into the Object Editor and set the Art - Animation - Cast Point and Art - Animation - Cast Backswing to 0.00 for your Lever.

These are used to control how long a unit plays it's cast animation (which is whatever animation the ability uses in it's Art - Animation Names, the default being Spell).

Also, make sure to delete the old Event and if you're going to use a specific unit Event then you can get rid of the Condition for checking which unit it is.

• Example
    • Events
      • Unit - Lever 0001 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Gate Open
    • Actions
      • -------- Do stuff --------

Status
Not open for further replies.