• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
1. Critters have life bars that are invisible until you hover them with your cursor. Is there an option to enable this for other types of units?

2. Trees such as Agria trees have a death model, when they die this model never disappears, how do I make it disappear after a certain time without the use of triggers?

3. How do I modificate the camera so that it is like the one in Desert Strike 1338?

4. How can I hide passive abilities in the command bar with triggers?

Last edited:
Level 9
2. You have to start a timer in the actor (unit dies - start timer "REMOVE"; Timer expires - Timer "REMOVE" - Destroy
3. camera settings are in the data editor. game-settings or was it game-ui, dunno anymore, alternativly you can do all by trigger.
4.Hide? Just remove the button from the unit? or do you want it to be dynamic?
then i would add a requirement to the ability which validates if the unit doesn't have a certain buff. if you want to remove the ability by trigger just add the buff to the unit.

1. would need to open the editor to find out. what ever cause this effect is located inside critter-actors. I guess it's an event: PRESelectionUpdate - anything

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. I believe it is a flag you can set for the unit entry of a unit.

2. Modify the tree actor. Add events to destroy the actor on death.

3. Requirement specification is missing. You honestly cannot expect us to have played some random SC2 map.

4. Give the ability buttons in the unit command card a requirement. You make the requirement hide the button when a condition is met that can be controled via triggers. This could be a behaviour if it is per unit or an upgrade if it is per player.

Level 6
I assumed that you had played it since it's currently the most popular map on sc2.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you describe the camera or give us a screenshot we might be able to break down how it is achieved.

Speaking from a blind perspective (no idea what you want) you can alter the standard melee camera including how it zooms in the data editor.

If some trigger system is used then it must use a variety of camera property settings. You can set up multiple cameras using the camera pallet and then create trigger systems that force the game camera to morph to those camera settings without having to move the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.