• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Some questions about items and inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hello guys. Like the title said, I have some questions about them:
1/How can I detect when a unit is ORDERED to PICK UP AN ITEM? (Not acquire them).
2/I want to create an inventory for units that have only 2 slots but still giving them the bonus of the items. Is that possible and if it is, what do I have to do after modifying the ability Inventory (Hero)?

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Right. Thks. One more question: If I want the shop to sell items to the Hero (or unit) when its inventory is full, how can I do that?

Level 16
From what I know, all items in DotA's shops are runes/powerups/tomes which won't trigger the Inventory is full error and thus allow buying with full inventory. When the unit acquires the rune item, an actual item is created at the unit's position.

Status
Not open for further replies.