• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some questions about Acquisition Range and Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Does the acquisition range acquires the target even if he is in Fog ? The acquisition range must be exactly like the range ? Or higher ? Because if I set my unit range to 1000 and Acquisition range to 500 my unit range becomes 500 in game and not 1000. Is it right ?

Level 23
I think acquisition range will not acquire targets you cannot see, logically, but then again, blizzard doesnt follow logic all the time.

Yes your range of attack is min(attack range, acquisition range), that is probably made so so that if you have higher range, you will not actually shoot further, but you can start shooting as you acquire your target

Reactions: hdm
Level 3
Like Edo said, if you have a range attack higher than your acquisition, the gameplay range of your unit wiill be the acquisition range, but if the attack range of your unit is below its acquisition range, the gameplay attack range of your unit will be your attack range. The acquisition range is like a limit range of attack, if you want 1000 attack range, you will have to make sure your acquisition range is more or equal than 1000.

Reactions: hdm
Status
Not open for further replies.