• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autorepair Acquisition Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi guys,

A problem I'm having is that the acquisition range of the Repair ability on autocast is too high.

Reducing the Acquisition range of the worker unit does not help.

Perhaps you guys would have an idea? I know I could probably do it with custom spells and triggers, but I'd rather solve this in a clean way.

Level 13
I looked through gameplay constants and the repair ability itself, and I found no reference to a repair's acquisition.
I am getting the impression it's hard coded.

I would recommend using something like a modified "heal" ability for mechanical units, but then that wouldn't cost you resources - just mana and/or cooldown time. However, you could trigger it to subtract resources on cast within limits.

Level 9
I looked through gameplay constants and the repair ability itself, and I found no reference to a repair's acquisition.
I am getting the impression it's hard coded.

I would recommend using something like a modified "heal" ability for mechanical units, but then that wouldn't cost you resources - just mana and/or cooldown time. However, you could trigger it to subtract resources on cast within limits.

I was afraid that was the only option, but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.