• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some problem about spellbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First of all, sorry for my bad english, i'm italian, so, if there's someone who can speak italian, it's better :p

Explain my problem:

I used this tutorial for making a spellbook, and i create it at 90%. I've 3 problems about it.

• When I pick an item, this item creates another one spellbook in the ability slot of the hero, with the description that i've wrote for that dummy book.
  • There's a way to leveling the ability inside of the spellbook?
  • I use this system for a campaign, when I change map the spellbook remain, but not the abilities inside :(

That's a trigger example of my abilities
  • Add Bufera
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Pick an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) equal to |c008080FFTomo della Bufera|r
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Aggiungi Bufera for (Triggering unit)) equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Aggiungi Bufera to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Aggiungi Bufera for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Aggiungi Bufera for (Triggering unit)) + 1)
Thanks to all in advice

Last edited:
Level 17
Wait, you want to make a trigger that triggers when the unit picks an item up, and gives him an ability while holding the item? And if the item is picked up again, the ability improves? But it wont follow when you progress to the next map?
(This is just checking, it'll be hard to help you otherwise)

Are you using game caches?

if you aren't, read this:
Then use them, they store the progress of different things in your map and sends them to your next map. (Easily explained)
I haven't used it myself yet, but i think there may be some tutorial on the hive, or someone else might know.:con:

if you are, read this:
Then try to put the level of the ability into a variable and put it into your game cache.:wink:

Level 2
I've resolved the first and the second problem, but i still can't save and restore the abilities. Pls help me :(

Level 3
Hmm... Bad =)
I could have helped you with the first and second question. THe third is harder ;)

Maybe you should do it like this :p
You create a variable (Integer) for each Spell you own by an Item.
Then if you solved the first Map of the Campaign you use:

For each Integer A from 0 to Variable, do
Hero - Create Item(The SpellgivingItem) for (Your Hero)

And you do this for every Item that gives an Ability.
I think you dont have more than 10 Items that give abilities and because of that it's not so much work...

Greetings Chrissi ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.