• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Some help with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This should be easy enough. I'm a VERY unexperienced spell maker, but I wanted to make a non target AOE spell(GUI since I'm not any good) that taunts every enemy in range to attack the hero, so I was looking for a trigger like

Pick every unit in range owned by player matching conditions, so can you help me.

PS. I really tried to make the trigger so don't flame me

Level 5
Yes he does have the spell, but it can be easily stopped, by simply ordering your units to do something else, so its no good, but I'm using it as a base to the spell

Edit: Since I'm really bad at spell making can you please tell me how to use a region or point to a tutorial from which I can learn

Level 5
So, to make the trigger I need to make an action that turns on another trggier that has the event every 0.01 second of game to center the region i made around the hero right?

Level 17
There is no region to create a region. In fact, it's rather inefficient.
If i understood it correctly, you want it to be kinda like Axe's Berserkers Call from DotA?
Then use Howl of Terror as a base Ability. Save the caster in a variable
Then pick all units with the buff and order them to attack the caster every 0.3 seconds of gametim(this is the lowest GUI can perform)

Note that this isn't going to be MUI or even MPI, and it's kinda abusable since you can really spamclick with your hero(or whatever)

Level 5
Ok that's just what I wanted to make like Berserkers Call from dota, thank you for the info, but can you tell me what is MPI( I think it is Multy player intersomething) and how can I make the spell that way

Level 17
MPI is Multi-Player-Instanceability. This means it can be casted by several players at one time.
MUI is Multi-Unit-Instanceability. This means that all the units in the game would be able to cast the ability at the same time.

I'm not sure on how to do this one MUI or MPI.
Maybe you could add all targets into a unit-group variable with arrays(then you'd have to add arrays to the caster variable as well) and order all units in unit group variable(1) to attack caster(1), order all in Unitgroup variable(2) to attack caster(2) and so on. This would be MPI

Level 5
I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but what's wrong with the "Taunt" ability?

Well it is very unreliable this just makes the unit to attack the caster it can be disabled by simply giving an other command

I'm not sure on how to do this one MUI or MPI.
Maybe you could add all targets into a unit-group variable with arrays(then you'd have to add arrays to the caster variable as well) and order all units in unit group variable(1) to attack caster(1), order all in Unitgroup variable(2) to attack caster(2) and so on. This would be MPI

Well since I'm a complete beginner with triggers I'll try to make the spell and when it's done (should be soon enough) you can tell where I did wrong and how can I become better

Edit: Now this is where I got to. Am continuing work if some can tell me where to improve... go ahead

Attachments

• Begining.w3x
    21.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.