• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Doodadabuse, Jungle and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Don't ask why im posting it here. Im just bored and i cant sleep and i have to do something to kill my boredom. And don't ask why i wrote this unimportant text. A little bit English is good for me. Sorry if i break a rule or something else. Im new at this forums.
Here are some of my landscape works, at the 5th picture only the church is made by me. Rest all by me, except the most models and skins, of course.
Picture 7 is Cinematic, 8-12 are not playable.

Attachments

• BC10.JPG
    BC10.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 310
  • BC11.JPG
    BC11.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Doodadabuse Viertel2.JPG
    Doodadabuse Viertel2.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Doodadabuse Viertel.JPG
    Doodadabuse Viertel.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Kirche.JPG
    Kirche.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 306
  • Schamin Kloster12resized.jpg
    Schamin Kloster12resized.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 259
  • Schamin Kloster16.JPG
    Schamin Kloster16.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 245
  • TodK S4 T4 1.JPG
    TodK S4 T4 1.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 237
  • TodK S5 T5 3.JPG
    TodK S5 T5 3.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 266
  • TodKS7T15resized.jpg
    TodKS7T15resized.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 270
  • TodKS7T45.jpg
    TodKS7T45.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 196
  • TodKS8T15.jpg
    TodKS8T15.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 588
Try using some High-Res water for that second terrain.

The areas around the pathways on the third and fourth terrains look very boring and they have no backgrounds.

Love the fifth one but same thing with the paths.

The sixth one is beautiful. I love those rocks. The ugly roofs sticking out in that village ruined it for me.

The seventh one is nice. I like the lighting but the man is a bit too small and the thing at the front of the room is way too big.

The eighth one is meh. The units ruin it for me.

I like how you did the fire in the ninth. Impressive.

The tenth is awsome but I don't care for the variation of trees that you chose.

The eleventh is awsome and very original. I lol'd when I saw it. But, that tree is much too small and the room is very plain.

The twelth is epic. Are you sure you made that? =P Well done!

Level 34
Where the heel did you come from? This is possibly better than Corexx's doodad work. Amazing stuff. Half of your buildings look like custom models, not a bunch of doodads.

Void is correct, you could still work on environment and atmosphere.

Level 5
@Lord_Nor & ~Void~ & VampireHeart
thanks for rep ^^

@Hawkwing
thanks for this, but i forgot to say that nearly all arent finished. I sadly have the usage not to finish all my works.
but i think that morpheus' roofs are although pretty ^^

@~Void~
The cause of the missing atmosphere is that the most are playable landscapes and are not only to look good.

@VampireHeart & Gilles
I am a german mapper like corexx. im not really known at the international, but a bit more at the german community.

Level 7
Hey Dia3olus,
finally you arrived @ Hive. :p

Nice work,
but I told you already before.
And I agree with Void:
Even its playable peq showed often enough that "playable" and "athmospheric" aren´t contradictions. :D

Level 4
Wow.

Simply put: wow.

You don't need more of an ego bump, I'm sure.

But what is with the, O Hi I'm new hur, o, btw, i have amazin doodad/terrain skillz?

Crazy...

Level 4
i most like the 3th-4th and last picture
i never saw someone make a building so good out of doodads
the jungle needs more rock biggness variation

Level 34
All (most) of my terrains are "playable". Or potentially. But to take a screenshot of them I like to put in lighting and stuff.
Any terrain could be potentially, but it would require a lot of work for most, and the amount of doodads would kill a map.

Level 18
All (most) of my terrains are "playable". Or potentially. But to take a screenshot of them I like to put in lighting and stuff.

As are my terrains, it wouldn't be that hard, although there wouldn't exactly be a point to it, because a lot of terrain is just about the view, so there wouldn't really be much playing in them.

But agreed with Gilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.