• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some cool things that i think "should" be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1) If someone who could hack into the wc3 files and find where the modles/textures/ all that jazz goes, then make a program where you tell it what it is example: Skin 1: Textures\RDZMech.blp
Skin 2: Textures\RDZBuildings.blp

For the Rdz sam site.
Then maybe you could have the program "instal" that data and the files needed to use it into wc3s files so it was like that was a unit from the game when you first bought it... So when making maps instead of placing a 1mb modle you have a program that you give all the data you have for the map then makes it into an instaltion package, so when someone used your map it should... be less size sense 10 peons take up less space then 1 modle.. Also make it so you could do that with music.. if this works like i think i should.. you could have 100 modles or so and a few custom musics and it would still b net play able size.. that is if the person that goes to play it downloads the instal pack first for that game..
------------------------------------------------------
2) a system like trigger/jass/whatever works that could make it look like someone got wouned (so attacks have gore{slight bleeding or drops from death} and when archers shoot if they could have arrows be stuck in the target on a radom postion of the body with random angles of the arrow to make it more real life... also while doing that making percent chances of (cricticals for every unit{i beilive every unit should be able to crictical just not as often as others} so like 5% head "shot" effects crictical/and or extra damge= "something"... and like 10% chance of instant death or "somthing", and like for meele 10% chance head "hit" cricitcal/and or extra damge = "somthing" instant death chance= "somthing"... and chance of bleeding= degeration of some sort(life drains) or like if hiting leg 17% chance to cirrple target till next heal spell or "somthing".. ------------------------------------------------------

3)I would also like too see someone start going on like a final fantasy skin craz.. like the sephroth someone made that was great and cloud. Also someone needs to make alot more dragons,ice,fire,normal,baby,matured,adult,ancient and so forth(land dragons...extra extra)
Some other stuff that would be cool is:
Final Fanasty units, Dragoon's (like the game Legened Of the Dragoon and Final Fanastys dragoons) Dragons, maybe some MageKnight(the board game) heros would be cool like the dragconum or solanvi...
-----------------------------------------------------
4)If possible i think it would be really cool if someone could make a base body for like human male and then have attachments for the head, hair, and attachments for armour paldrouns, chest armor, legs, boots, helmut, arms, and gloves. It would be praticaly like playing a MMORPG (massive multi player online role playing game, for example everquest, guildwars, finalfanasty 11, world of warcraft. also make diffrent bases too so then you could have diffrent skin colors so like you would have dwarfs, gnomes, undead, humans, trolls, tuarens, maybe a playble dragon race would be sweat (like stand up dragons {stand on 2 feet and arnt 3000 feet tall lol) for example the draconums {mageknight race}) and what ever you think of maybe a beast race or mermaids....... Only problem i can see from this is that you would have to create armor skins for each race if you where going to create one using this system so you would have like 6 diffrent version of the same helm.. but if you could get my very first idea working i guess space wouldnt matter then would it..
5)I dont know if this is possible but a dye system would be cool.. so like u could dye your own armor diffrent colors but i dont know if thats possible to change attachment's colors (of couse you would need dye remover too though)(maybe you would have to make a unit and then use it as an attachment so you could change the color... i dont know if thats possible)
7)MAKE ARMOR!!... there are tons of weapons most of them are not that good... but there are like 0 for armor... Look at a MMORPG and make some dang armor and weapons that look relistic
8)Would it be possible to make it so the computer would make the size of the file read smaller even though it isnt so you could play more then 4mb games on bnet?
9)I dont know how or where to start but someone should ether find out if Blizzard is making a newer wc3 game or if there is a way to make the PATHS on wc3 3d.
Well it would be cool to have a giant MMORPG Bnet game so i hope theses idea's work

-shougun

Level 25
Ok... I can BARELY read all of that

But the first one is an idea I've been playing around with, mainly because another game (NWN) did it

It would be an add-on .mpq file that would give a few of the nicer custom models and skins. Then, using that nifty method that WEU uses, they would be added in a new area of the models.

However, I doubt Blizzard would like it. So I doubt it could happan

Level 6
the first idea wouldnt work would it? at least not for online, cuz then the players would each have to have that mpq, to get the mdoels. the game would prolly crash if they didnt have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.