• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some animations won't work when transfered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya peeps.

I have been fizzling a little with transferring animations between models. As I am very new to these programs that's what I decided I would start with.

Anyway. I have come across some problems when an animation has been transferred. I did as the tutorial said (the one on this site) and usually it works.
I'll give you an example where it does not.

I wanted to add the Sea Giant's "Attack Slam" animation to the Warden hero model.
The transfer went as it should and I wanted to test it with the Warden's Fan of Knives. I set the animation names (in the ability) to "Attack, Slam".
When I use the Fan of Knives in-game the Warden simply does an attack animation while knives are flying everywhere.

If I use the same animation with the Beastmaster, it works.

What is the problem?

(Even though my knowledge is quite limited I came up with perhaps a possible answer. Something with the bones in the model or?)

Status
Not open for further replies.