• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] (solved) Transparent UI post-Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

before Reforged came out, someone taught me how to turn UI segments transparent with the new natives. My UI at the time looked like so:

When Reforged came out, there was suddenly a black rectangle at the bottom part of the screen, as seen in the image attached. No one knew at the time how this could be fixed. But now I've seen maps with transparent UIs much like what I want to go for, so it's definitely possible. ( Kobold Kingdom v1.3c )

Does anyone know how go get rid of the black rectangle thing and make the game area full screen?
To achieve the full screen pre-Reforged, I replaced the UI\Console\Human\humanuitile textures and used
JASS:
call BlzFrameSetAllPoints(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_WORLD_FRAME, 0), BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0))
on map initialization.

Bonus points if someone can tell me how to get rid of the daytime indicator :). I tried it back then, but was also told it was not possible. ( [JASS] - Hide Daytime Indicator )

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• blackbox.jpg
    blackbox.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 18
To remove that black rectangular box, you can add this line of code:
JASS:
call BlzFrameSetVisible(BlzGetFrameByName("ConsoleUIBackdrop", 0), false)

To hide the daytime clock, add this line of code:
JASS:
call BlzFrameSetVisible(BlzFrameGetChild(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0), 5), false)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.