• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Solved) Need help repairing a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I've got many game/editor-crashing WoW doodad rips, I'll be eternally grateful if you teach me how to fix them

yakmen_tent_small_01.mdx: 7688 warnings, 1 unused
Sequence 0 "Unnamed"
Not used
Unknown sequence "unnamed"
Zero length
Missing "Stand" sequence
Missing "Death" sequence
Geoset 0
Vertex 0: Attached to vertex group 0 which does not exist
Vertex 1: Attached to vertex group 0 which does not exist
[…]
Vertex 118: Attached to vertex group 0 which does not exist
Vertex 119: Attached to vertex group 0 which does not exist
Number of sequence extents (0) does not match the number of sequences (1)
No bones

Attachments

• yakmen_tent_small_01.mdx
    265.6 KB · Views: 43
Can you upload the texture? I'll see if I can fix it, then I'll explain what I did. Since it's a doodad, it doesn't have bones, which is normal, bones are used to make part of a model move, just in case you didn't know, doodads do not move. I believe doodads in wc3 got 1 animation which is named "stand" just so the model appear, in your case it's named "unnamed". Animations are referred as "sequence".

Level 11
Thanks for your reply. I attached the missing textures, take your time.

Attachments

• YAKMEN_CLOTH_TILE.tga
    256 KB · Views: 14
  • YAKMEN_CLOTH_TILE_02.tga
    256 KB · Views: 23
  • YAKMEN_FUR_TILE.tga
    256 KB · Views: 18
  • YAKMEN_TENT_LARGE_01.tga
    512 KB · Views: 15
  • YAKMEN_TENT_TOPS_01.tga
    256 KB · Views: 19
  • YAKMEN_TILES.tga
    512 KB · Views: 20
Level 21
I can't edit it and I get a 'Model damaged. Report to author' warning while using Mdlvis.
I get 'Unknown error occurred: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0' trying to open it in the MatrixEater.

What should I do?
Models without any nodes work in game, but since they are extremely rare (freezing breath target is the only one that I know of), model editors might not support them.

Export every geoset with Magos (geoset manager > right click > export); then delete them (right click > remove); create a new bone (node manager > right click > create bone); import the geosets you exported (geoset manager > right click > import); select the bone you created from the drop-down list to attach the geoset(s) to it; set up the materials once again (geoset manager > double click the geoset and change the Material ID), just make sure to choose the correct material for each geoset; save the model and you're done.

I also recommend you scale the model up, rename the unnamed sequence to stand and calculate the model's extents (edit > calculate extents).

Last edited:
Level 11
Thanks a bunch, I got it to work now (as a footnote, I had to convert it to mdl first). Just one more question to be sure, although I believe the answer is NO: is it possible to reattach those buggy geosets to a new bone instead of painfully deleting and importing them one by one?

Status
Not open for further replies.