• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[solved] Broken model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
This model seems to work in Magos and Mdl Vis.
But after being imported and selected, it crashes my world editor ... (I'm on 1.26)

The Hive's model Sanity Tester doesn't give any errors except for "unused" key frames.
How can I fix it?

Attachments

• AoKhaineTexture.blp
    11.3 KB · Views: 20
    132.3 KB · Views: 16
  • KhaineMask.blp
    47 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Level 29
This model works with no issues on 1.30.4. Are you sure it's the model and not something else? I don't have 1.26 locally right now to test on unfortunately.
To be sure, I would suggest you to make a new empty map and only import this model and use it with some preset unit (if it still crashes, please upload the map).

Last edited:
Level 29
It seems to me like there's a problem with your installation rather than the model, but I couldn't say what it would be. I would suggest to try opening that map in a new installation e.g. grabbed from the link above and try there.
All in all this is quite odd, I didn't see anything particular about the model looking at its MDL in the tester.

Level 23
The issue seems to be with the textures.
After swapping them with a random standard texture the model no longer crashes the editor.
Now I just need to figure out a way to use my textures without crashing.
1234.png

Edit: resized the textures to 128x128 and 256x256, seems to work now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.