• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What do you think of snipers in video games?

I think the class is too popular nearly in any game, and once you get a good hang of it, you can get very good, too good to be honest.

I played only rts games for very long time, last year I started playing games generally instead only wc3 (I had a bad computer back then). I tried tf2 as my first fps game, I enjoyed how you get straight into the action, and you can control moving, shooting, speaking and what weapon you use with your unit. Really entertaining and less stressful than rts. Then I got sniped, one-shot when running on battlefield. My first thought was: "so that's why no one runs to the center of map". I started avoiding that and got sniped less. Till this day, snipers have been only class that forces me to avoid rushing to too open areas. And that makes the game a bit more boring...

I might just be raging, but snipers are the only class that feels irritating to me. You just randomly die to their bullets. I just want to know am I the only know being this upset at them?

Level 23
Well, as a sniper user, I think the class is not really that powerful. Yes, snipers could kill you in one shot 80% of the time but we can only shoot (usually in most fps games) once every 2-3 seconds and there's still a chance to miss. Though there are semi-automatic snipers but those usually deal less damage (with the exception of some really expensive ones). Snipers also have to find a good spot where there's high visibility yet hard to reach by other players. Once someone reaches the sniper in close combat, we can only rely on our secondary weapons or our knives.

I think snipers are a good part of the game because it lets other players think before running into the middle of the battlefield and just do rash things.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Well, as a sniper user, I think the class is not really that powerful. Yes, snipers could kill you in one shot 80% of the time but we can only shoot (usually in most fps games) once every 2-3 seconds and there's still a chance to miss. Though there are semi-automatic snipers but those usually deal less damage (with the exception of some really expensive ones). Snipers also have to find a good spot where there's high visibility yet hard to reach by other players. Once someone reaches the sniper in close combat, we can only rely on our secondary weapons or our knives.

I think snipers are a good part of the game because it lets other players think before running into the middle of the battlefield and just do rash things.

It's not the high damage/one shots that bugs me, it's the range. Can you shoot me? Yes. Can I shoot you? No. While you have a chance to miss, I have no chance at catching you. If you have good assault class users on your team, I never will. This, of course is map dependent, but the snipers still are the only class forcing me to avoid open areas. To avoid something, which strangles the amount of decisions I can do.

Level 21
If you want overpowered snipers, then play star sonata.
In there snipers:

Deal 6-12 times as much damage as any other class
Have the highest range by far
Can push back and incapitate most people
Are faster than anyone who can tank them for any reasonable time
Are stealthy

Most of the time they fulfill most of these points at least better than other classes, although the points here are ideal cases.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Low damage high fire rate snipers are really fun to use, but these are my favorite snipers.

CoD:
Barrett 50. Cal

BF:
MK MOD11

SWBF:
Clone Sniper

HALO:
SRS99

WARHAWK:
SK-3

Low dmg high rate sounds balanced, no random 1 shots.

Level 32
SK-3 is really fun to use. Check out gameplay from it. It seems OP, but only in far range. Actually, type Warhawk :)

Now the barrett? Damn, it's really good (MW3 version was the most powerful) with a fast fire rate, and 50% 1 shot kills. But the highest recoil.

The MOD in battlefield is the best with the bipod. It also has a 20r clip when extended magazine attachment is put on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.