• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Was wondering if a smash bros map would be a good idea. I could use the brawl chars, items and stages that have been revealed so far. ANd could use melee stages items and chars. Pick stage and then chars every round.

Level 8
the thing is how do you gonna make the damage system... i mean, its not so smash bros without damage system xD...

Level 4
hmmm never seen the map b4. links r nice. the only smash game ive played on bnet was an arena. u couldnt pick lvls no new chars or items or nething.

Level 4
havent seen it b4. maybe if i get a real good triggerer we MIGHT be able to make a grav system. ive already made a jump trigger in a different map. but itll be hard to make each button press go higher each time

Level 8
i dun understand so much... you refer to gravity system to the damage thing? i mean, when they hit you and you are more damage , you just blow away xD, its that? i dun really know how to describe it xD... im not a very good triggere so i think i cant help xD...

Level 4
i cant figure out those triggers. nor a way to get different levels of ground in wc3. or a way to fall through some floors

Level 9
Let me tell u this: The idea is already done!
If your smart, dont make maps out of other games, be original and invent something new!

I'm really going to have to disagree with this comment. A game like Super Smash Brothers on Warcraft 3 would be a welcome change from the regular everyday maps you see on B.net. These kind of ideas should be encouraged they're what spawns new maps.

Level 11
yeah a smash bros. game sounds awesome. The one i played before was close tot he game but long load, huge file size. Also lots of downfalls which made it horribly boring.

Be cool to give mouse no purpose, use w,a,s,d for up, left, down, right. Maybe q, e, for a, b, and r for right trigger. you know etc something simple controls but probly hard with triggers. Or try to make them hot keys but only so many hotkeys could be used so a bit confusing.

Maybe you should wait for the new smash bros. game to come out so you can base it off of that instead, characters and maps wise. My friend is a huge nerd for the game, like i'm a nerd for warcraft so he knows every character they announced so far if you want to know what they are I could ask for you, that is if you don't find it on the WORLD WIDE WEB haha.

Also if I was you i would make one custom secret character, still balanced. Because you could predict what nintendo would have for another super smash bros. i mean this new one coming out they have more non nintendo characters like sonic and some more japanese ones like marth and roy.

Level 4
umm yeah about that..... i also know everything that has been revealed about smash bros. brawl..... and ill think about a custom char. one that SHOULD be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.