• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Smaller resolution, and clicking problems

Level 26
Hi all,

recently I switched monitors, and my new WC3 classic resolution is 1280x1024. I do not needed to force this on the game client, it's on the game menu - video options. I'm glad that I don't needed to change the whole windows and game files just to make it work it. So this change of resolution is camed with a whole set of new problems in-game: basically no matter where my cursor/mouse is pointing, it's not mean the exact location of the cursor. When I want to choose a unit let's just say, and it's on the middle of the the buttons: it's not exactly there. The text saying it's pointing to the left unit to train. I can't even properly select a unit movement /attack manually (Good old fashined way: clicking on attack and after marking the unit to attack). Because it misclick it. Can anybody help with this? It's a pain in the ... for me. Making the gameplay ruined somewhat. Thx for the help in advance.

Level 29
I don't really understand about this kind of problem. If possible, please upload the image to identify more clearer about your issues.

As far as I can tell, you could try running the game using the "-nativefullscr" parameter (or "-windowmode fullscreen") if you think it's about the screen resolution issue. This will hopefully solve any problems relating to in-game display.

I'm playing on 1.29.2 using the new monitor and the game was fixed to 1920x1080 without stretching issues.

Level 26
I don't really understand about this kind of problem. If possible, please upload the image to identify more clearer about your issues.

As far as I can tell, you could try running the game using the "-nativefullscr" parameter (or "-windowmode fullscreen") if you think it's about the screen resolution issue. This will hopefully solve any problems relating to in-game display.

I'm playing on 1.29.2 using the new monitor and the game was fixed to 1920x1080 without stretching issues.
WC3ScrnShot_091023_100321_01.jpg

I want to click on ATTACK, but I can't, my cursor is there, but in the mean time, it's not.
This is the problem all the time with the new resolution I'm playing:
WC3ScrnShot_091023_100347_03.jpg

Another example.
WC3ScrnShot_091023_100327_02.jpg

Here is the last one: look where the mouse is. That's my problem. That's the problem what I have with this new resolution.

Where I should use the quoted words of your "-nativefullscr" parameter (or "-windowmode fullscreen")? In-game?

Attachments

• 1694333744188.png
    1694333744188.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Level 29
View attachment 447515
I want to click on ATTACK, but I can't, my cursor is there, but in the mean time, it's not.
This is the problem all the time with the new resolution I'm playing:View attachment 447516
Another example.
View attachment 447517
Here is the last one: look where the mouse is. That's my problem. That's the problem what I have with this new resolution.

Where I should use the quoted words of your "-nativefullscr" parameter (or "-windowmode fullscreen")? In-game?
There is an "unsupported" way you can do this.
Note that the thread below has only been tested with 'earlier' version of Warcraft III. Blizzard introduced this proper Widescreen support as of 1.29.2, meaning you don't need to worry about this resolution stretching problem.

I would also note that the "-nativefullscr" method only works if you have 1.29.2 or 1.30.4. This will play the game on proper Full Screen, removing some graphical issues. Other than that, simply follow that thread above, but I won't guarantee that it works on your version.
To use this parameter, you have to do this BEFORE starting the game. You MUST add a space BEFORE the "-nativefullscr" like this:
Warcraft III Shortcut Fix.jpg