• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Small model request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello!

What I need is a model based on the naga death model (the watery explosion one) simply just red as blood using only ingame textures. It can't be just a skin, since I have to use both this and the original one.

Blade

Level 13
i can tell u how to do it, do u want to know? u just need to export the model(use warcraft3 viewer, u can find it on this site), convert the exported file(should be *.mdx) to *.mdl. open it using wordpad and look for the path of the skin, change it to the skin path that u wnat, save it and convert it back to mdx.

remember to use a different path in the game, so it will not replace the original

this is how u change the skins of a model, u can do it everytime u dont want to replace a original skin

Level 7
@diosilva16: I tried to replace the skin to a blood skin´(even before I posted here) and it was still blue and watery... More things need to be changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.