• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slowing down hp/mana regeneration and hero ressurection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm trying to put something in my map to control the regen rates of my units when they are "fighting" enemies. First I tried to apply an unholy aura and brilliance aura with negative values that were percentage based. It wasn't working and after I thought more about it I realized that it wasn't a very smart idea to use the negative percentages.

Has anyone done something like this in their map? Basically I want my units' regen rates to be cut by 75% when they are fighting enemies.

The second thing I'm trying to do it create a ressurection spell that affects heroes. At first I saw the "can raise" setting for heroes. This is initially set to false, but would it work if it was set to true, and the ressurection spell had heroes as an allowable target? I've heard that this will not work. Does anyone know of a way I could do this? I can use triggers if need be.

Level 11
Obviously passive skills are the key. One type of such skill is the orb of lightning skill. You can obviously base it on any skill and if you give a 100% chance it turns into a perfect passive with a perfect effect. I would base the second spell on Inner Fire, affecting ONLY ENEMY UNITS, with no bonus armor or bonus damage but negative life regeneration rate. Set the duration to 5 seconds or such and then add it to the orb skill instead of purge if you base it on Orb of Lightning. Hmm... That's the best alternative I can think of...

Level 1
Thanks for the suggestions guys! For the mana regen one I actually found out a perfect thing to use - sobi mask. Since it is "mana regeneration bonus (as fraction of normal)" it works perfectly, as I just set it to 75%. I still can't find something like that for HP though :(.

I'm still hopelessly lost on hero ressurection too.

Status
Not open for further replies.