• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resurrection on Heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was trying to compose a Ressurection spell working in a radius of 512 resurrecting all dead heroes in that range, but I failed. I tried Unit casts ability event then Pick units matching Picked unit is dead and its a hero and its in radius of 512 of caster, Revive picked units at caster position and it doesnt work, neither on ordinary units. Can anyone help?

Well it would be hard in a radius because a hero's body dissipates quite quickly.. actually instantly I believe..

You may be stuck with a odd trigger that just instantly revives all the heroes that have fallen at the location of the caster..

Or you could try changing Resurrection's target to hero that MAY work, but also it may require a modification to hero dissipate times..

I'll try it out for ya real fast ;) be back with results.

Edit:
After some testing.. I'm afraid I cannot come up with a solution.. it seems when a hero dies they do not spawn a corpse.. and therefor as soon as they die, they are removed from the map (but still ingame, as a revivable hero)

So basic abilities will not work regarding resurrecting a hero.

I will however try one more thing to solve this problem.

Edit 2:
I have managed to make a trigger that ressurects all dead heroes that are allies of the player.. but it resurrects ALL of them, not just ones in range =/

Level 6
It is possible and actually "not" very hard.

btw the hero doesnt get removed, he gets hidden and moved out of the map area if I remember right

Status
Not open for further replies.