1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Slayer

Submitted by erwtenpeller
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Edited Urkdrengi's skin for his Dwarf Troll Slayer model. the icon can be found here.
I kinda made it becouse i am bored of wc3 models, and am still waiting for some custom ones in the making to do, so i diceded to just grab this awesome model and make a new texture. its too bad the orginal texture allready is verry good, when i changed the face and the chest it allready felt done, so i didnt really change anything else... xD

i hope the icon is of use though, it turned out pretty good.

Keywords:
Troll Slayer, Urkdrengi, Dwarf, slayer
Contents

Slayer (Texture)

Reviews
THE_END: Great stuff erwt, love it, keeps with a WC3-esque style as well
  1. THE_END: Great stuff erwt, love it, keeps with a WC3-esque style as well

2. erwtenpeller

erwtenpeller

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    it seems that codes dont work in the preview screen, so here it is again:

Edited Urkdrengi's skin for his Dwarf Troll Slayer model. the icon can be found here.
    I kinda made it becouse i am bored of wc3 models, and am still waiting for some custom ones in the making to do, so i diceded to just grab this awesome model and make a new texture. its too bad the orginal texture allready is verry good, when i changed the face and the chest it allready felt done, so i didnt really change anything else... xD

3. Juice_F

Juice_F

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I thought you hated this site? Well it's nice to finaly see something realy good here, doesn't happen to often. Keep up the good work :!:

4. erwtenpeller

erwtenpeller

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i dont dislike the site, the utilities here are verry nice and orderly, what i hate is those rat-bastards of moderators that are too lazy to delete all the crap that is polluting the site. then again... what would be left?

i just set it up here becouse the model is also here for dl... where i originally got it from is www.thehubb.co.uk

EDIT: just HAVE to say though that i am happy about the directors choice folders, those make up for all the crap. though i think they should be less strict about that... yeah i know, i am confusing

5. Shamanruler

Shamanruler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wow....
    this is....beautiful
    *tears up* :lol:
    861/5
    anyone who disagrees may rot in hell hanging by their fingernails

6. Juice_F

Juice_F

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yea I wish the modertors here was more strict and deleted more skin, but like you said, what would be left?

7. Nemesizz

Nemesizz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't tried it...but it realy looks impressive!

Good job!

8. IrBat

IrBat

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Another good one Erwt, very nice detail.

heh, delete al the shitty skins... I wish...
    There would be about 50 skins on here worth keeping. :lol:

9. wolfje_pcf

wolfje_pcf

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks good except the red point between his eyes

10. ****profesionnal

****profesionnal

Resources:
    Resources:
    gotta love your sharp and detailed style. not too complex or blurry.
    simply remove this horrible valey next to his eyes. unless hes a skeleton with a deformaty, i dont see why it would look like this. put some skin over that. you should pay attention to that, since the portrait is the second most important thing.

apart from that, good job erwtie, keep making stuff.

11. EvilYardGnome

EvilYardGnome

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    looks really good as usual. got a question for you though. How do you get it so detailed, I deleted my skins off here a while back because I was trying to improve on the crispness and clarity. I use an old version of photoshop (version 4) a better question might be, do you use a larger resolution when making it then shrink it down to 256 again? Because I always just did then straight 256, and the smallest brush never seems to be as small as some of the curves in some skins of yours I've seen. Just wondering what method you use to have high detail but not too large file size.

12. erwtenpeller

erwtenpeller

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i resise to 200%, do the skin, take the shots and then resize it back to 100% and save the .blp. so the shots are actually kind of a cheat to see more detail. but i always check the 100% versions and the loss of detail is so minute you wont notice it ingame ^ ^'', its just nice if you can present your skin in a higher quality picture, so everyone can see the full effort you put into it.

its no big deal, as i said before, the loss of detail is so small you wont notice it ingame. at all.

as for the caveties in his skull... meybe he does have a skull deformation who knows... it does make him that little more badass. though i did my best to make him a little friendlyer looking then the original skin ^ ^.

another goal was, to make him look a little more unique, especially the head, who looked too much like the original mortar head...

13. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It's awesome to say the least

14. Qvist

Qvist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bee..ee.ee utifull! Thois is very nicely done..
    Keep going! 5/5

15. Hueter

Hueter

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    hehe xD - u submitted something - finally!

very good job :D

btw code works in the preview - just type the url w/o tags.

16. erwtenpeller

erwtenpeller

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    meh, doing it in a post is just fine, and that way i can have it the way i want-- exactly the way i want. urkdrengi must have the proper crdit, as the hands, the legs, the skirt and the axe are all his texture and the model is his.

17. TrollSmall

TrollSmall

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow !! ...
    This skins is good 5/5

18. Fredalf

Fredalf

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    wow.. you actually submitted something here :shock:

It´s really good, btw... better than the original in my opinion, I never really liked the red/orange hair :roll:

19. erwtenpeller

erwtenpeller

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yeah thats what kinda motivated me to do this... as i only changed the chest and head. hes just less of a berserker now really, the original with the blue tattoos really had that mad rabid dwarf thing going on, i just aged and calmed him down a bit.. ;)

EDIT: thnx for directors-choising me ;)