• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slayer Orgrim Doomhammer

Looking to make a Warcraft I Era map or campaign that features Orgrim Doomhammer and getting bothered by the fact that, in the original lore, he didn't get the "Doomplate" until after ascending to Warchief, despite the fact Blizzard themselves gave him the Doomplate in his criminally underutilized appearance in Warlord of Draenor? I know I am!

NEW, from the same simplistic editor of Tauer's models who brought you Shaman Gul'dan, comes the next in her line up of coattail riding prequel reskins of a far superior modeler's work: Pre-Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer! Now with only half the shoulderpads and twice the team color of regular Orgrim Doomhammer!

Call now!

Jokes aside, I am working on an Orgrim-centered campaign (very slowly) and thought I'd share this little diddy I whipped up for it. While it has it's own custom texture included, I edited it pretty minimally compared to Shaman Gul'dan because I wanted to keep the model compatible with the original skin or the reskins I just posted in the skin section earlier for those who might want to use them, instead. Just set the path of any of those textures to "SlayerOrgrim.blp."

Link to Tauer's original model.

Update: A big thank you to johnwar for optimizing/cleaning the model!
Previews
Contents

Slayer Orgrim Doomhammer (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice edit of Tauer's model. Works in-game.
Excellent work. I love that you keep making models from pre-third war era.

A nice touch would be to remove the scar and have his hair a slightly blacker tone as he is a little younger here.

Any chance that you can reveal who you will make next?
I did actually darken the hair already, heh. Removing the scar's not a bad idea, though!

I work very sporadically so I don't have much in the way of plans, but I might do a simple skin for Cho'Gall to get rid of his stomach scar since he got that after his defeat at the Tomb of Sargeras. Other than that, I'm not too sure. I know Tauer's working on the Sons of Lothar (Turalyon, Khadgar, Alleria, Danath, Kurdran), and I definitely have some variant skin/models in mind for them when they get released. Namely Sylvanas/Vereesa skins for Alleria.

A nice edit of Tauer's work, but there still some issues with it.
Please fix the following:
  • Fix the unneeded tracks and remove the severe issues with the model: Sanity Test You can try to use MDLX Optimizer to optimize it.
The link to MDLX Optimizer went to a blank page, for me, so I tried running it through the optimization features in Retera's but I don't think it did much. I also tried MOP from the tools section since it seemed the closest match to what you tried to link but it completely broke the model.

UPDATE: Found a different tool and I think it worked. Still some warnings/unused but all the severe warnings are gone.

Last edited:
Level 58
The link to MDLX Optimizer went to a blank page, for me, so I tried running it through the optimization features in Retera's but I don't think it did much. I also tried MOP from the tools section since it seemed the closest match to what you tried to link but it completely broke the model.

UPDATE: Found a different tool and I think it worked. Still some warnings/unused but all the severe warnings are gone.
It is really like that because you will just drag/drop the mdx file to the MDLX Optimizer (on the white screen) and it will automatically optimize the model.:smile:

Level 3
Hello! I used the model for a custom campaign I am working on. I give credits to both of you in the video description. Thanks a lot and I hope you like the results: