• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
bsv7_170226-e08c4e5431cc5b9da98ecb0e96bb4b3b.png

How to make the sky it's like this picture?

Level 12
Step 1 : Lets start Simple first of i did Water Deep Water Ground, after that i started with the Highground use the Red Marked Terrain Tool

1.png

Step 2 : Try to get that Hill flat, so we have a highground use the Red Marked Terrain Tool

2.png

Step 3 : Do some Regions Around the High Ground, in my Example i used for the Region White Fog for each Region

3.png

Step 4 : Now we gonna add some Weahter Effects and Global Fog in our Example we want a heaven so i used White Global Fog and Wind Weather Effects i used a small amount between the Starting Fog and the Ending Fog because i want a realy deep white Effect....

4.png

Result Ingame: Now lets start the map and see some Results!

5.png

End of Story: I never did a Tutorial so sorry for that xD i never was in a Forum or anything like that so my Knowledge is near -9999 on that things :) but i hoped i can help you out...
and im lazy as shit :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I can't open w3m map Brother:)
I only can open w3x
W3X and W3M are now the same file format and can be used interchangeably. This has been the case since RoC and TFT got merged as part of the Reforged process. By default World Editor will append a w3m extension to new maps.

That said even in a legacy context I am unsure how you are unable to open W3M files seeing how in order to open W3X files you need Warcraft III The Frozen Throne installed which implicitly requires Reign of Chaos be installed and so also have the ability to open W3M files.

In legacy context...
W3M -> Warcraft III Reign of Chaos map file
W3X -> Warcraft III The Frozen Throne map file

Or were you trying to say that you are running a legacy version of Warcraft III and as such any map (both W3M and W3X) made with the current World Editor will not load? If this is the case I recommend mentioning such details in the opening post as it may allow people to give more relevant help.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try increasing Z Start to be further away. That is the distance directly in front of the camera that will remain free of fog. Since the terrain should be closer to the camera than the background/sky the field should be suitable to reduce the fog over the terrain while keeping the background/sky fogged.

Actually, to make the kind of skies you see in that map you have to just cover the edges with alpha tiles and lower a cloud doodad below ground level. Fill in with some glow doodads to make it look extra spicy. Both cloud and glow models can be found in the ultimate terrain map.

If you raise the ground level that much the camera will be messed up unless you take some preventative measures.

But I did solve it :p:
Actually, to make the kind of skies you see in that map you have to just cover the edges with alpha tiles and lower a cloud doodad below ground level. Fill in with some glow doodads to make it look extra spicy. Both cloud and glow models can be found in the ultimate terrain map.

If you raise the ground level that much the camera will be messed up unless you take some preventative measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.