• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skin - Dead Ancient Protector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I'm currently in need of a fallen Ancient Protector skin so I can apply it to the purpleish Corrupted Ancient Protector. It's basically a dead ancient protector. Don't mind if it's a recolour or something, as long as it looks like a dead ancient.
I was wondering if someone here would like to give this a go. I never found this on THW before but I think it's really useful for other people aswel.
The reason I need this is for the Oakwood Forest.

Here are a few reference pictures:
31795_Deadwood.jpg

Apperantly I could only find one picture on google... Well hope you know what I mean:p

Level 19
Yeah I know that one. But the problem is that the filesize is really big and it's not the Ancient Protector:)

Level 19
Yeah I know that one. But the problem is that the filesize is really big and it's not the Ancient Protector:)

you can reduce file size by compressing the skin using http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=107500

and I don't think that it will make a big difference if it's this or that kind of ancient but if you really want it to be a protector you will have to draw it yourself :grin:

Level 19
Well I know I'm asking quite alot and I know I am quite picky.
But well. I'm not forcing people to do this, if people like doing this then why not. Maybe people never thought of this and would like to give it a shot. And if they don't, then they can just ignore this thread:)

Level 23
I don't want to promise you anything, I just can't do that, but:
Up from coming friday I have a small amount of freetime and I currently only have to do two maps and two to 5 skins to do:grin::grin::grin:

So I might can give it a try if u find noone else doing it and you don't expect tooo much!

Level 19
Sorry, really late reaction.
Aww you failed your exam? That's a pity, I'm still preparing for mine. They're comming soon and man I gotta get rid of my school:p
Anyways, if you don't feel like this anymore just say so because I know in what kind of stuff you're now:p

Level 19
Hey M0rbid.
Are you still working on it or have you forgotten about it?
Just tell me if you don't like the request hehe, just bumping this up a bit.:p

Level 19
I'm sorry for the long time it takes, but it's for me a very hard request and I want to get a hopefully high quality result, so it takes me some work.
Btw, do you need teamcolour?

No problem man, I'm already glad you're willing to help.
Uhmz, no I don't need it to have teamcolour.

Level 14
if you open the model in magos' then you can choose texture editor. from that new window you can see all the textures the model uses. when you double click on the texture, then a new window ill open with the texture.

but im sure you already know this and im making a joke out of myself xD :D

Level 23
Finally it is released, I'm sorry, that you had to wait such a long time. But I hope that this will be what you was looking for. Feel free to comment and mention the things you dislike ;) I'll give my best to change those things ;)
I might will update it later on my own, in case, I would send you a PM, so you can be sure to always have the best quality of the skin ;)
I'll take a closer look at the eyes later ;)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/ancientprotector-blp-164794/

Level 19
Looks really cool M0rbid! Will deffo use it.
The only things that would make it slightly better would be;
1) Making a littlebit more darker
2) Mean eyes:p Red blue whatever. He's supposed to be kinda evil:D

Even if that won't work it's still a great skin and I will use it for sure.
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.