• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Really? Mind sharing? And it shouldn't affect the mouse scrolling unless the bug has some wierd conditions that don't allow it to work like it should when its in the CAMERA.

Level 19
Really? Mind sharing? And it shouldn't affect the mouse scrolling unless the bug has some wierd conditions that don't allow it to work like it should when its in the CAMERA.

Has it oever crossed your mind that I and LTGH not really willing to take advantage of that feature?

I'll take a look into it but as I'm no vjass savvy so I probably won't understand it due it's complexity. Those russians are presky programers.

Level 8
So you guys want to use the DGUI or no? And its a lot of guess and test. All you need to do is make the object you want, get the value to have the same object place right on top, and to the side and you start shaping out your interface from that.

Level 8
With a little vjass knowledge, you can easily do smt like that
skilltreepreview.jpg

Level 17
considering that the map size limit may become 8mb I really think you should add this (or something like it).

There is people that cant handle that limit, we shouldent abuse the size limit only becouse there is one. Otherwise we end up with a laggy map that takes forever to load and some people cant handle.

And yes, it is possible to make it like that becouse that is exactly what the system is made for, creating an floating interface infront of the camera making an illusion of a real interface. But im not sure if you even need to have that as an floating interface, it just create a massive time consume and it wouldent be that bad to just have it next to the inventory, you wont mess with the skill tree in the middle of a battle anyway i guess.
I know it would be better to have it like that, but we doent have the skills to make something like that.

Level 19
There is people that cant handle that limit, we shouldent abuse the size limit only becouse there is one. Otherwise we end up with a laggy map that takes forever to load and some people cant handle.

And yes, it is possible to make it like that becouse that is exactly what the system is made for, creating an floating interface infront of the camera making an illusion of a real interface. But im not sure if you even need to have that as an floating interface, it just create a massive time consume and it wouldent be that bad to just have it next to the inventory, you wont mess with the skill tree in the middle of a battle anyway i guess.
I know it would be better to have it like that, but we doent have the skills to make something like that.

Well, once we're fully done with the inventory we could take a little look at it.

Level 14
Well for me it doesn't matter if the tech tree is at the side of you while playing however I think it'd be fun if it was possible to have a tech tree

Level 8
With a little vjass knowledge, you can easily do smt like that
skilltreepreview.jpg

Its not vJass knowledge that helps you make that kind of interface. Ask any vjasser and they will probably say they've never done that before. It just takestime to place the buttons and play around with them. I would say you make the skill tree on the side but with a button that allows you to alternate from skill tree to inventory. It also shoudn't lag cause the buttons should already be placed on the screen, you just have to not show them with the functions yet. It also shouldn't take up that much in the map size cause you already have the necesary models and to create the interface, you just code. And code doesn't take up a lot of space. My guess is that with the code and all the systems imported, it will take no more than 30 kb extra into the map. Matters how much code you put into making the interface.

Level 17
Its not vJass knowledge that helps you make that kind of interface. Ask any vjasser and they will probably say they've never done that before. It just takestime to place the buttons and play around with them. I would say you make the skill tree on the side but with a button that allows you to alternate from skill tree to inventory. It also shoudn't lag cause the buttons should already be placed on the screen, you just have to not show them with the functions yet. It also shouldn't take up that much in the map size cause you already have the necesary models and to create the interface, you just code. And code doesn't take up a lot of space. My guess is that with the code and all the systems imported, it will take no more than 30 kb extra into the map. Matters how much code you put into making the interface.

We have already said that we will take a look at it.
And yes, there is people that can work with that code without experience of jass at all, like me. The only thing im having trouble with is the massive math code D:<

We should stop talking about this until further info about it.

Level 8

And who is gonna code the buttons functions ? Or do you think they come coded. You need some knowledge...

And you will need mapspace for the uis skins...

Level 8
It doesn't take much Jass Knowledge. You could do it in GUI with custom scripts. There are 5 functions you need to know:

JASS:
New(real minx, real miny, real W, real H, real Z, integer Texture)
SetTexture(Button, integer Texture)
ShowButton(Button, boolean show)
AddActionL(Button, function)
AddActionR(Button, function)

These are all really simple functions.

New creates a new button
Set Texture, self explanitory
ShowButton, self explanitory
AddAction Left Click
Add Action Right Click

You don't need vjass knowledge. Thyrael began making DarkWind full screen systems with DGUI in GUI so you don't need any vJass knowledge.

For the skins, you could either use the wc3 borders, backgrounds, inventory slots, items, crusors or you could import like 6 2kb size textures with about 30kb use for model space. Not even 30kb, probably less.

Level 8
It doesn't take much Jass Knowledge. You could do it in GUI with custom scripts. There are 5 functions you need to know:

JASS:
New(real minx, real miny, real W, real H, real Z, integer Texture)
SetTexture(Button, integer Texture)
ShowButton(Button, boolean show)
AddActionL(Button, function)
AddActionR(Button, function)

These are all really simple functions.

New creates a new button
Set Texture, self explanitory
ShowButton, self explanitory
AddAction Left Click
Add Action Right Click

You don't need vjass knowledge. Thyrael began making DarkWind full screen systems with DGUI in GUI so you don't need any vJass knowledge.

For the skins, you could either use the wc3 borders, backgrounds, inventory slots, items, crusors or you could import like 6 2kb size textures with about 30kb use for model space. Not even 30kb, probably less.

Those jass functions are knowledge you know ? And thyraels systems arent made with dgui... only his action bar but w/e thats offtopic.

And Add an Action with gui, oh wait you cant code a function with gui, you'll need to know some jass to be able to convert it and to see its name(which is pretty easy but most gui users just wont know where to look)

Level 8
You need to know Jass to convert a trigger into Jass to post the code for the system? Most functions are already written in the main thread. And it wouldn't take long for any Gui user to see functions make functions. And some Jass knowledge you need to be able to use 5 functions. If any GUI user didn't know what to do, than how the hell did he ever use any of the other 100+ BJ's in GUI?

Level 17
Guys, guys... No need to worry, if you call that "knownledge", then i guess i have some knownladge with Jass, becouse i know how to make this, and i said it before, i started to work with it before, but then the camera came and i wasnt good enough to deal with it becouse thats much more advanced.

Level 8
The camera is hard to understand but once you get how it works its really easy to use.
If you need any help ask, i'll help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.