• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill Icon for Hero Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have come up to another problem. This is now about Skill Icon managing.

Let's say I have a skill Jinada (once again),
Jinada skill gives the hero a 100% critical strike chance, then after landing the critical, the 100% critical strike would be removed. After a certain amount of time, the hero would gain 100% critical strike again.
I wanted to display the icon of the given bonus Critical Strike by just "Unit - Add ability"

The Unit also has a skill called Maim that works like Jinada; the hero will be given the Maim bonus, when the hero lands a hit, the attacked unit is maimed, and the maim bonus gets removed from the hero, then after a certain amount of time, the maim bonus gets added again. I would also like to display the Maim bonus icon for this one as well.

The problem is that I can't manage to control the icons. Let's say this is the command pane:

8Vc9D.jpg

When I add the icons with a full skills occupying the slots, it turns into this:

8Vc9Z.jpg

I wanted control the icons that are constantly added because of the Maim and Jinada skill. The added icons replace one of the current skills of the hero; rendering it to be unusable. The icon replacement is also random, so the player can't use Shuriken Toss if it's the one that gets replaced.

Any solutions that can be done for this?
A solution that removes icon for the added ability display in the pane is accepted.
If it's a Spellbook solution, please teach me how to just add the constantly added abilities to the Spellbook instead, rather than to the hero, either be it JASS or GUI (GUI preferred, if it's JASS, well... gotta explain the code)

Create a spellbook.
Put all the abilities you want as "added abilities" in the spellbook (in the object manager).
Give the spellbook ability to the unit (in the object manager).

When the game starts disable the spellbook ability and disable all abilities inside the spellbook.
When you want abilities to be added just enable them in a trigger, and reverse that when you want them removed.
This is of course assuming that the abilities are passives and are not supposed to be actively used by the player.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/how-to-make-spellbooks.27637/

Level 9
Create a spellbook.
Put all the abilities you want as "added abilities" in the spellbook (in the object manager).
Give the spellbook ability to the unit (in the object manager).

When the game starts disable the spellbook ability and disable all abilities inside the spellbook.
When you want abilities to be added just enable them in a trigger, and reverse that when you want them removed.
This is of course assuming that the abilities are passives and are not supposed to be actively used by the player.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/how-to-make-spellbooks.27637/

I can't believe I missed this tutorial! Thanks for the link. This will prove useful to others kinds of problems as well. +Rep :grin:

EDIT: There is another the I should raise: When I add a dummy spellbook to an existing spellbook, the abilites gets inherited. But if I add the same dummy spellbook to that same existing spellbook, does it add up? I didn't get a chance to test this on my map since it would do me a lot of work, and my laptop is already slow add/remove objects in object editor.

Another EDIT: I found a way to test it. It actually doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.