• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sketching ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Okay, I think this is done!

AmyLeePortraitbyJKHillestad.png

CLOSE-UPAmyLeePortraitbyJKHillestad.png

http://theus-smythe.deviantart.com/art/Amy-Lee-153623880

Level 23
Very well done job!!

i hope I'm allowed to give some critics though ;)
THe contrast between the hair and the face is to big! I don't speak of colour or something, those are really fine, but of sharpness and detail!
Even if you try to catch the spectators attention with a detailed face, the contrast is way to big, so my opinion is: awesome face, but more work is needed on the hair!
(I don't say, that the have to have the same amount of detail and sharpness, if you want to get a focus on the face, it's a good idea, but even then you need to smaller the contrast!)

Great job thoguh, keep on doing stuff like that!

EDIT: I saw a small flaw, when you take a look at the part under her nose above her lips! it looks kinda strange! :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Of course you are allowed! I encourage criticism. Drawing detailed hair is tedious business, and usually ends up looking worse than clumped hair (have a look at the Christina Aguilera portrait further back, and you'll see what I mean). Though I do agree it is a very prominent variation in quality from the face to the hair.

Not sure I can see the flaw you pointed out, would you clarify? I'd love to fix it, it's just I'm often blinded because I am so deeply familiar with the looks of my drawing, it all seems rather normal. :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I know that feeling, but i don't know the english word for the part between the nose and the lips?!
THere's something messed up a little. Try to get the line a little straighter up, it's to much to the left side of the picture!
mh, hope youn understand :-/

Ah yes, I see it. Maybe it's a bit too far to the left. I'll check with the reference. Maybe Amy Lee is really awkward looking. <giggles>

Edit: Well, it seems to be quite accurate according to the reference, in my opinion. Though that could be because of the size and quality. I might adjust it a little in an upcoming update, I've decided to "fill the canvas" as they say, and there's some glitches to the shading as well.

Attachments

• yeahuhdetailedshot.jpg
    yeahuhdetailedshot.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.