• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skeleton King bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :p
Firstly, congratulations for this great map ^^

So... My friend (#1) was playing version 1.17 with a friend of his (#2) (I was watching). The bug occurred when #1 entered the Skeleton King room. Ok, but when #2 came in, the Skeleton King became owned by #1 (changed owning player)

This happened only once. I took a look over the triggers and I found no hints.
Probably you'll find something :p

Congratz, once again ^^

Level 17
Hello :p
Firstly, congratulations for this great map ^^

So... My friend (#1) was playing version 1.17 with a friend of his (#2) (I was watching). The bug occurred when #1 entered the Skeleton King room. Ok, but when #2 came in, the Skeleton King became owned by #1 (changed owning player)

This happened only once. I took a look over the triggers and I found no hints.
Probably you'll find something :p

Congratz, once again ^^

I guess you guys didnt though of saving a replay of the game? xD
Maybe we should mention that when game starts "if a bug appears during the game, do not forget to save replay. That way it will be easier for us to solve it"

Becouse there can be minor things that makes it happen.
Does he change owner at all to start with? o_O Is there even a trigger that makes him change owner? xP

Anyway, i gonna take a look when i got time!

Level 30
Basically, when the intro starts the skeleton king is turned to player red so the ghost one can cast "possesion" on him as shown in the intro cinematic :)

did you perhaps have "whosyourdaddy" on when playing against this boss? :S Because if the ghost unit is killed through the door, the whole thing messes up xD This has been fixed for v1.18 :)

If not, then I dont think it should be a problem. We havent encountered that bug during any of our tests :D

Thanks for the report!

EDIT: Actually, when reading your post again I noticed something xD

What exactly do you mean by "when (#2) entered the room"? :S After the cinematic, all players should get teleported into the room at the same time, and the gate should go invulnerable behind them preventing the trigger from being activated twice :p

Just a thought :D

Level 2
Unfortunately, I ran into a completely DIFFERENT bug with the skeleton king quite a while ago and didn't save a replay at the time, but I tried two separate games, and both times, exactly when he casts his Inferno spell, I fatal error. None of my allies did, only myself. I am using a Mac if that is any assistance, and it's quite possible that it's just my computer. Thought it'd be better reported than not though >.>.

Level 19
Unfortunately, I ran into a completely DIFFERENT bug with the skeleton king quite a while ago and didn't save a replay at the time, but I tried two separate games, and both times, exactly when he casts his Inferno spell, I fatal error. None of my allies did, only myself. I am using a Mac if that is any assistance, and it's quite possible that it's just my computer. Thought it'd be better reported than not though >.>.

Hm, this sure seems like a critical bug. I think we should ask someone else with a Mac to tag along the next test.

Thanks for bringing this to the table.

Level 17
And thats the reason to why we only have PCs.
PC > Gaming Computer
Mac > Work Computer
Kinda. :p

I could have tried it out if i only had a mac.
Its just one thing, a class mate have a mac, and we played 1.17, but the skeleton kings killed us, and he didnt have any errors.

Level 30
That has to be your best solution ever RM!
I didnt knew that you could get smarter then you was last time i talked to you.
=D
Hmm. The bug didnt appear for me in single player...
I guess it was an older version..

I can honestly say ive never experienced this bug either :S Ive single playered the map several times while testing :) I'm kinda hoping that whatever this bug was, it won't occur in the v1.18 build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.