• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Punder Bridge bug in 1.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Pounder Bridge bug in 1.17

Okay, so...
I was fighting the Pounder and I backed to regen a bit, he followed me to the bridge and when he went on it, the bridge collapsed... Okay, in the gameplay video, the bridge collapses before you BUT you can jump over the hole, I killed the Pounder using my skills :
1. He didn't loot
2. No way to get pass the bridge...
wc3scrnshot051009132030.png

Isn't the bridge supposed to collapse right after you go over it?
I checked the triggers in order to find anything related, but couldn't see anything...

Oh, and I also got a mage item, but this is just a detail ^^

----

Edit :
BUG SOLVED
The Barbarian' spells I casted destroyed the bridge, I was lucky to cast at the exact moment he would have fell in the hole... ^^
Fuck, that was epic!

Last edited:
Level 17
Thats wierd, but i think i know what the problem is, i gonna check it in a min.
Thnx for reporting it.

Edit:
I think the issue is that the barbarian spells also does damage on structures which means that you can destroy the bridge using spells.
I think that the problem is solved if we just make them invulnerable since the bridge is not trigger related in any way.
Not sure if that will work but it should work.

Level 3
Edit:
I think the issue is that the barbarian spells also does damage on structures which means that you can destroy the bridge using spells.
I think that the problem is solved if we just make them invulnerable since the bridge is not trigger related in any way.
Not sure if that will work but it should work.

Now that you say that, it's true that it probably was Grand Shockwave(or maybe another, but probably Shockwave) that destroyed the bridge. I remember seeing weird things when I casted it ^^

In a way, it could be a nice idea to get the Pounder down! ^^
Just add another way to cross the hole and maybe it could be used to add more "cool/epic" what do you think?
It fits with D3 idea to use the terrain at your advantage, which at present time, isn't very present in D3W ^^

Level 17
We are actually going to make a "random" system for the map that makes so that its different paths from time to time when you play, and some of the things we could do is destroyed bridges, crushed walls that blocks the path, different doors opens, appear in different areas and such things. That would give it a much much bigger diablo feeling but it will be alot of work to do this.

But this discusion doesnt belong here so we should talk about it somewhere else.
I leave this thread open until its confirmed that my teory is right.

Level 30
wow xD That looks like a pretty major bug to me :p

No idea whats causes it, but for 1.18 ive already reterraining that bridge so it shouldnt be destructible any more.

bridge.jpg

Ive also come to the conclusion that the grand shockwave spell is incedibly buggy. You know all those bugs where people said they were outside the pathed area? I have a feeling the shockwave spell also destroys pathing blockers xD

I'll probably just remove the spell, and replace it with something else :)

Level 30
Cant you just edit that spell, you can choose what stuff it can target, only have units turned on and it shouldent be any problems :eek:

the problem ive got is that its a highly jass triggered spell made my paladon and I dont understand a word of it xD The game needs some better ultimates anyway than another shockwave :p I was thinking maybe a mini-avatar style spell that lasts for 20 seconds? We can add as many combo skills to the pool as we want really :)

Level 3
wow xD That looks like a pretty major bug to me :p

Well, you should have seen the action the way I did, it was fuckin' epic :p
Chased by an enormous monster, I turn back, cast my ultimate skill, the bridge collapses and the beast is trapped! During a minute I was just "wow" xD
A few seconds later I ask myself : "Well, okay what do I do now?" xD
Too bad it wasn't planned, otherwise it would have gorgeous :p

Level 17
the problem ive got is that its a highly jass triggered spell made my paladon and I dont understand a word of it xD The game needs some better ultimates anyway than another shockwave :p I was thinking maybe a mini-avatar style spell that lasts for 20 seconds? We can add as many combo skills to the pool as we want really :)

But its the spell that does the damage, not the triggers. So i think that the problem simply is that the bridge takes damage and gets destroyed by the spell. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.