• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skeletal Tribute v0.10

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Description:

Skeletal Tribute - Sacrifices the caster and creates a grave at the position of his death, then skeletal version of him with his level, but the default hp and mana of the unit. Then, when an enemy of the hero dies, a grave appears and becomes an undead minion to assist him at battle.

Code:
Creating the Skeletal Mage
  • Skeletal Tribute
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Condition
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Skeletal Tribute
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Point = (Position of(Triggering Unit)
    • Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit)
    • Set HeroLvl = (Hero Level of(Triggering Unit))
    • SpecialEffect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point using Doodads/Cityscape/Props/CityGrave/CityGrave3.mdl
    • Wait 6.00 game-time seconds
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last Created Special Effect)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point using Abilities/Spells/Undead/AnimateDead/AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
    • Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Mage for (Owner of (Triggering Unit) at Temp_point facing default building facing degrees
    • Hero - Set (Last Created Unit) Hero-Lvl to HeroLvl, hide level up graphics
    • Trigger - Turn on Skeletal Tribute Summon <gen>
    • Trigger - Run Skeletal Tribute Summon <gen>, checking conditions
    • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
Creating Minions
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Condition
    • (Unit Type of(Dying Unit)) Equal to Footman
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Point2 = (Position of(Dying Unit)
    • SpecialEffect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point2 using Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Props\PeasantGrave\PeasantGrave2.mdl
    • Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point2 using Abilities\Spells\Undead\RaiseSkeletonWarrior\RaiseSkeleton.mdl
    • Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Minion for (Owner of (Triggering Unit) at Temp_Point2 facing default building facing degrees
    • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
My first spell, please enjoy!
Also include me on your credits if
used.

Keywords:
Skeletal Skeleton Undead Tribute Sacrifice Revive Grave Mage Blood Elf Blindman
Contents

Skeletal Tribute v0.10 (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 19:53, 16th Jun 2010 Hanky: Not MUI. After you have fixed that main point message me or one of the other spell moderators to review your spell again.

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

19:53, 16th Jun 2010
Hanky:
Not MUI. After you have fixed that main point message me or one of the other spell moderators to review your spell again.

Level 6
hm I think you still got to learn much about making Spells (MUI)

Here are things you should improve to get that approved:
-NEVER EVER use Waits
-Do Minions only work for Footman?!?
-maybe some more i didn't saw

If you want I can teach you some simple triggering otherwise there are several really good tutorials at Hive for spellmaking

Level 13
hm I think you still got to learn much about making Spells (MUI)

Here are things you should improve to get that approved:
-NEVER EVER use Waits
-Do Minions only work for Footman?!?
-maybe some more i didn't saw

If you want I can teach you some simple triggering otherwise there are several really good tutorials at Hive for spellmaking

I agree.

Very simple and poorly done
I vote for rejection

So, you actually get a new hero that has the spells of Archimonde, is a lot more powerful and there is no radius of where the skeletons can spawn. There should be a radius between the grave and the enemy that dies; if the enemy dies within 900.00 for example range of the grave, a skeleton should spawn, else, it will spawn nothing (so as to avoid global power). The bad thing is that you end up having a lot of floating graves around:
Skeletal Tribute.jpg

It really needs some work :/

Level 18
thanks, ill do it

if you can't make it mui, make it MPI, and removing the waits is your choice

MPI is a gui trigger only for each player, but MUI is for every unit playing in the map.

i can make MPI not MUI, if you/i don't use wait, it'll become mui

like instant

my idea:

how about the tooltip

When the (Hero name) goes suicide, he uses his power to turn part of him self to a skeleton minion then revive.

i didn't see the spell, so is this fit to be the tooltip(your choice)

change the tooltip and the wait... remove it in order to make it MUI

the tooltip is not necessary to be changed, but change it so people will know what the spell means..

anyways, good luck!

your first try? +repz

EDIT:

i found a prob in your triggers!!!!

• Skeletal Tribute
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Condition
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Skeletal Tribute
  • Actions
  • Set Temp_Point = (Position of(Triggering Unit)
  • Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit)
  • Set HeroLvl = (Hero Level of(Triggering Unit))
  • SpecialEffect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point using Doodads/Cityscape/Props/CityGrave/CityGrave3.mdl
  • Wait 6.00 game-time seconds
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point using Abilities/Spells/Undead/AnimateDead/AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
  • Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Mage for (Owner of (Triggering Unit) at Temp_point facing default building facing degrees
  • Hero - Set (Last Created Unit) Hero-Lvl to HeroLvl, hide level up graphics
  • Trigger - Turn on Skeletal Tribute Summon <gen>
  • Trigger - Run Skeletal Tribute Summon <gen>, checking conditions
  • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Look at the Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Mage for (Owner of (Triggering Unit) at Temp_point facing default building facing degrees

it's wrong!!!

u should use via hero revive!!!
if you use that crapped kill and create again, that'll double the hero!! and the abilities learned won't be saved in the database!!

thank you for reading !! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!