• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Site slow on firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
For some reason this website is very slow on Firefox, I checked in a website analyzer site that checks the URL for it's overall performance. There are some things that could be improved (too many requests for example) but this doesn't seem to be the source of my performance hit.

For example: GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization

When I scroll down on a new page my CPU can suddenly hit 60% utilization in task manager!
I have a Ryzen 1700 ...

It works fine on Vivaldi though.

I do have only one extension that can alter webpages called Dark Night Mode, but I whitelisted this site and also disabled it completely but the problem still persists.

Maybe this is just a Firefox bug but I would just like to know what could cause this.

Level 2
It's the leaf border.
I have the same issue and made a Greasemonkey script:
JavaScript:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        hw
// @namespace   hw
// @match     https://www.hiveworkshop.com/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

document.querySelector('.leaf-border').classList.remove('leaf-border')

Level 3
I have the same problem. It worked without problems the entire time but a while ago the site started to become slow and the CPU utilization became higher. I already tested with a clean Firefox profile and even on a different device.

Level 3
It's the leaf border.
I have the same issue and made a Greasemonkey script:
JavaScript:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        hw
// @namespace   hw
// @match     https://www.hiveworkshop.com/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

document.querySelector('.leaf-border').classList.remove('leaf-border')
The script solves the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.