• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Site Laggy/Hangs in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
As of maybe a month or so ago THW became consistently laggy for me... but only in Firefox (Chrome and Edge on my computer have no issues). I didn't notice exactly when this happened so I'm not sure if it coincided with some Firefox update. I have cleared my FF cache and force reloaded the site (ctrl+F5) but haven't reinstalled the browser. As for what I mean by 'laggy':

• Scrolling is pretty jumpy, especially when moving across posts that use JASS boxes or images
  • Typing in text boxes occasionally freezes the whole tab for 1-2 seconds. Hitting a carriage return nearly always causes this lag once the text box is big enough (has enough lines?). This is in the 'quick reply' box at the bottom of a thread; the 'Create thread' page seems to be immune to this freeze.
  • Opening or closing a [hidden] button freezes the whole tab for 2-3 seconds every time (no exceptions on this one).

I do not have these issues on any other site with FF. Anyone else experiencing this? Anything I should do to try to fix it? I prefer FF over Chrome.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
prefer FF over Chrome.
upload_2019-8-16_13-54-45.png

Reactions: San
Level 39
Absolutely not slow by any measure; I wouldn't post something like this if I thought my hardware was in any way at fault. Nothing has changed with my hardware and it was definitely fine in Firefox earlier this summer.

Level 20
Well, I'm using Chrome, but I also experience a fair amount of issues with how the site is running. I mean, for the most part it's absolutely fine, but there are these moments where it randomly slows down to a crawl and it takes a long time to load literally anything. It last like for a minute or two and then goes back to normal.

As to how often it happens - it's hard to say, it seems fairly random. And yes, when the Hive is slowed, other sites work perfectly fine, so I doubt it's an issue with me or my ISP.

Level 2
Dude.
I already posted the problem, the solution and in addition to that a video.

But yea let's install an Adblocker first.

~El

Level 17
One issue I've noticed on Firefox in particular, is trying to use Mozilla's experimental WebRender rendering backend. Enabling it makes Hive stutter a lot. The property name in about:config is gfx.webrender.all. Mozilla may be incrementally rolling it out and enabling it on unsuspecting users, causing strange issues like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.