1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Site Laggy/Hangs in Firefox

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Pyrogasm, Aug 16, 2019 at 12:28 PM.

1. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    As of maybe a month or so ago THW became consistently laggy for me... but only in Firefox (Chrome and Edge on my computer have no issues). I didn't notice exactly when this happened so I'm not sure if it coincided with some Firefox update. I have cleared my FF cache and force reloaded the site (ctrl+F5) but haven't reinstalled the browser. As for what I mean by 'laggy':

• Scrolling is pretty jumpy, especially when moving across posts that use JASS boxes or images
    • Typing in text boxes occasionally freezes the whole tab for 1-2 seconds. Hitting a carriage return nearly always causes this lag once the text box is big enough (has enough lines?). This is in the 'quick reply' box at the bottom of a thread; the 'Create thread' page seems to be immune to this freeze.
    • Opening or closing a [hidden] button freezes the whole tab for 2-3 seconds every time (no exceptions on this one).

I do not have these issues on any other site with FF. Anyone else experiencing this? Anything I should do to try to fix it? I prefer FF over Chrome.

2. chuckySTAR

chuckySTAR

Resources:
    Resources:
    Site slow on firefox

Could be a performance problem with Firefox’s new WebRender and repeating border images.

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    upload_2019-8-16_13-54-45.png

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can confirm, there are issues from time to time.

5. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Chrome is a memory whore and right now I have to run my computer in single-channel RAM mode.

@deepstrasz Are you having the same issues as me or different? Do other browsers work fine?

6. BLOKKADE

BLOKKADE

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm having the same issue. Seems to not happen when I put it in safe mode though.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 10:48 PM
  7. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I didn't touch the site in quite a while so can't say why. I'm more leaning toward a regression in Firefox performance over time. Is your computer slow? I am running the site perfectly in a Core i7 laptop from 2014.

8. chuckySTAR

chuckySTAR

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Absolutely not slow by any measure; I wouldn't post something like this if I thought my hardware was in any way at fault. Nothing has changed with my hardware and it was definitely fine in Firefox earlier this summer.

10. aoszx2p2drd9

aoszx2p2drd9

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have the same problem. For some reason Firefox is unable to render the leaf border properly. Removing it with this script make the site usable again.
    Site slow on firefox