• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Site getting laggy.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I think there are few ways we could make this site better.
1.)Delete the crap models/skins/maps etc...
2.) If there is a way to see when a user last logged on delete the ones that havent in over 6-7 months.
3.) Delete old locked topics that do absolutly nothing for nebody.

If these things could be done this site would go MUCH faster as i remember when i joined in July......

Level 9
I agree the site is getting laggy. Indeed, friend lorothrigs is very perceptive & that is good. The Adminators should decide ASAP concerning the ancient & unlocked topics. People might tempted to revive these unlock topics simply because these topics are very interesting & for those who are generous in their opinions to the point that they have no control over it & as a result warned as prescribed by the rules. Some may acquire necromantic powers by accident for reviving old threads thus they become members of the undead legions, eternally slaved by the unholy powers of Lich King.

Level 13
I doubt that the site's lagging has got anything to do with the old topics, users etc. I would say that the site is laggy because of the amount of resources being added or downloaded constantly which takes up quite a lot of bandwith. The slowness has more to do with the server, which can not be dealt with if Darky is missing.

Level 12
Problem with deleting maps: VGsatomi has mentioned about maps being made by newbies and has mercy on them. I don't think that can't be helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.