• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sisters Bond

A little cinematic map, i made.

A cinematic about a little nightelf outpost.

Keywords:
cinematic, night, elf, attack, attacked, forest
Contents

Sisters Bond (Map)

Reviews
17:22, 10th Jun 2008 Rui: Approved!
Level 12
Nice work for your first cinematic!
Alright...

PROS
- Good cameras
- Good use of animation
- Decent Terrain

CONS
- a little short
- improve on the grammar a little
- Make the storyline more interesting
- add some effects to make it more exiting

All in all, a nice bit of work, and a good start. Keep it up, I hope to see the rest of it!
Hellblazer - 14 :pal:

Level 4
Well the cameras were ok.... but the best part of this cinematic is the moment when the running archer dies, it looked so CoOl. And real! I would have never thought of using the archer's death to make the cinematic look more realistic. One thing i didnt like is the firing archers...you just put them in animation though you could have put just higher range and no missile so there would be some movement. I think the range can upgrade to 9999 . You just need to use the magic bows upgrade and put it to the archer.. anyway nice cine

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Well, I've never really reviewed a Cinematic so I guess this is a good one to start with. The main pullback this map suffers from is the Grammar, the spelling isn't top and you've used a double full-stop here and there. I also believe that there was a few double spaces in the loading screen.

The map also suffers from, what I believe I've aptly named, Metal Gear Guard Syndrome. They see something and respond with the most gormless action possible. Try to liven the conversation points up, and don't forget to keep things real. An example of the latter is how the 3 Night Elves somehow miss the fact that the forest has been half-burnt and half covered in blight.

The cinematic makes up for this with the good use of the camera and descent use of animations, I must admit I prefer the way you've done it to the actual attack.

All in all, this Cinematic is standard. Theres points that make it good, points that make it bad. It's not as great as some of the high-achieving maps, although it's not the worst -- by far -- that I've seen.

3/5

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Approved.

[+/-]The story is somewhat original (at least the names seem to be). However, it's someone versus Undead, which is just too traditional.
[+/-]Terrain is somewhat poor, it could use some elevation and ground texture variation work on the outpost.
[?]Although the animations are comprehensible, the arrow never appears, and the bow sound is never heard. I can't blame lack of experience, since not even I know how would I do it the realistic way, but consider trying something else.
[?]The cinematic is a bit short. If someone is looking for a new story they'll probably appreciate a cinematic with a decent duration.
[-]Two Archers killing dozens of Undead monsters. And they never run out of arrows. Slightly unrealistic.

My rating for this is 5/10, which is approximately 3 (Useful).

Level 11
The cine goes for 3 minutes.
-Half the whole cine you tell the watcher that the map is yours, the other half we watch how archers shoot undead.
What else I saw:
-Use of animations. Very rare event, when someone gets an idea to use animations. There's nothing outstanding in that. For example, Blizzard uses animations in its cines a lot. That is just be average.
-Kkots saw nothing else. Deserted terrain, unimaged characters, unfinished storyline.

My rate:
-Characters (Their image and how attractive they are): 1.5/10 "All are alike."
-Terrain (Detail of everything): 3/10 "It could be much worse."
-Storyline (Events are linked to each other): 6/10 "I doubt you've had an idea of what you're going to do."
-Excitement (Taking attention on something): 2/10 "That's what happens because of storyline. It is linked with excitement."
-Versatility (Cameras, grammar, custom loading screen...): 5/10 "Believe me, I expected much and much worse."
-Summary: 18/60 - (Useful).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
-Yearight, Yearight, Yearight....
-one person going hunting while three waiting?
-can't see any arrows going through those undead except that blue one
-next thing you know, the two archers shoot with their back against the enemy line
-that's stupid; how much time could they buy her, 5 minutes?
-for Shella? What about the other two?

2.5/5.