• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single Target to AoE Skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is it possible to change a skill , example Banish which turns the unit into ethereal form , rendering immunity to attack but receives more magic damage .

I wanted to make this skill to become AoE , I know it's possible to go with skill remake with Triggers . . but how? I need it to be in GUI instead of Jass , because i have no knowledge of jass . .

Just use an ability based on Channel with Target Type to Point, Area of Effect to X, Options to "Targeting Image, Visible". Then, trigger it:
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit within 400.00 of Point1 matching (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((Matching unit) is a Structure) Equal to False)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Point2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
        • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Triggering player) at Point1 facing Default building facing degrees
        • Unit - Add Banish to (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Set level of Banish for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Banish (Picked unit)
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 seconds Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
If you don't understand this trigger, you should probably visit our Tutorials section for basic GUI triggering, along with http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/ thread.

Level 3
Just use an ability based on Channel with Target Type to Point, Area of Effect to X, Options to "Targeting Image, Visible". Then, trigger it:
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit within 400.00 of Point1 matching (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((Matching unit) is a Structure) Equal to False)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Point2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
        • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Triggering player) at Point1 facing Default building facing degrees
        • Unit - Add Banish to (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Set level of Banish for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Banish (Picked unit)
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 seconds Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
If you don't understand this trigger, you should probably visit our Tutorials section for basic GUI triggering, along with http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/ thread.

i understand mostly about GUI , but i am just not used to these skills from single target to aoe target . i thought this would cause a random unit from picked unit to be targeted upon the single target spell , banish?
sorry if i said something wrong . .

Level 22
The actual spell is still single-target, but you're creating a dummy caster for each target within the area of effect.

The Hero spell (based on Channel) is only there to show the player which units will be targeted (it doesn't have an effect). So make sure the spell's area of effect is the same as the one you're using in your trigger.

Level 33
You do not use the same ability as the new ability
Like from Original Banish to Custom Banish (doesn't work this way)

It is totally a new ability

Let's for example you want Banish to have AoE effect
You would have to take Earthquake or Death and Decay as your base ability, why ?
Because both of these default ability has the AoE-target type characteristic.

It is from Another different ability that enables either one out of 3 types of targeting method (Unit Target, Point Target, Instant)

Status
Not open for further replies.