• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Artillery skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik

mik

Level 4
Hey guys,

i wanted to make a simple artillery skill, where a unit fires a projectile over some distance, dealing X damage in the AoE, skill activation should use the AoE template (no need to target a unit with this).

But... it seems theres no skill which can be properly used as a base, or?

it should:

-have this AoE template to aim and use the skill
-have a projectile from caster to impact
-deal damage

i tried cluster rockets, but they seem to behave random even with just one projectile, what is the way to go here?

Level 4
I believe you could base it off the ability Unstable Concoction. I'm not 100% sure, but that just basically throws a grenade at other fliers, right? It might be a DoT spell, but in that case you might just be able to make it tick for a lot the first time. I can't really think of anything else short of triggering your own spell.

mik

mik

Level 4
Well, that doesnt work. Unstable Concotion wants the caster to click a unit, not to place an AoE template.

Level 13
Nope it makes the caster explode ?!
And it targets a unit if i remember right.

You could create a dummy unit with the damage you want and unlimited attack range.
AND the (not sure what it is in english) attack 1 - arc must be very high.

Then you create it and make it attack the tar geted point

Level 4
Well, that doesnt work. Unstable Concotion wants the caster to click a unit, not to place an AoE template.

I just knew I'd be wrong. ><

Nope it makes the caster explode ?!
And it targets a unit if i remember right.

You could create a dummy unit with the damage you want and unlimited attack range.
AND the (not sure what it is in english) attack 1 - arc must be very high.

Then you create it and make it attack the tar geted point

Yeah, you could base it off of some spell with an AoE target, but when the caster casts the spell (which would have animations and effects removed), simply spawn a unit (invisible to the eye) and have it attack ground at the target location.

Level 3
Can't you change

Stats - Targets Allowed: None or Terrain

Anyway you can try with inferno, the projectile won't come from a unit but it looks like the unit shot it in the air :p

mik

mik

Level 4
Ok, i got it, thanks guys.

Now, is there a way to make the Catapult (the standard orc one) to show its attack animation when firing?

Status
Not open for further replies.