• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simplest way to make a model bigger / easier to click?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
First off sorry if this is too basic, i tried searching but i'm not sure i had the right search terms.

i'm making a map in which I'm using the custom model "item spinner" provided by Horn:
Item spinner

The spinner is a really simple model that allows you to easily turn any model into an item. Super useful, i thought, and made 5 or 6 such items with mdl->mdx converter and notepad. So far so good. My problem is that the items produced by this method are very hard to click ingame, their "hitbox" is very small and close to the ground.

I tried doubling the numbers in this section of the .mdl file (not the blendtime):
Model "spinner" {
BlendTime 150,
MinimumExtent { -17.855499, -17.971901, 10.477800 },
MaximumExtent { 17.983900, 17.901699, 10.477800 },
BoundsRadius 18.081301,
}

The new model with double the numbers for all bounds loaded into the map fine but it didnt seem to have any effect on clickability or size. Experienced modelers, is there an easy fix to this problem or would i need to learn to edit models from the ground up? Is it doable with notepad?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.