• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Simple Square Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello !

What I would like to get for my Rome II Total War map is a square model which works exactly like the "balls" of the arcane sanctum:
Whatever the angle of observation, the skin remains the very same to the observer (as if there was no 3D).

I would like the model to be linked to a simple squared BLP (here is one in example)

Thank you very much for checking the forums !

Attachments

• Pottery.blp
    8.3 KB · Views: 47

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This is called 'Camera Anchored'.
To achieve it, you have to tick the field 'Camera Anchored' of the bone your geoset is attached to.

EDIT: Give me a moment, just realized you need the model, too.

EDITEDIT: Try this one

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, maybe Camera Anchored is only for particles or something.
Had a look on the original sphere model of the blood mage, seems Billboarded is the way to go.

Well, these are not supposed to be clicked, I guess.
Do you absolutly need to click it ?

What's the reason to not create a model from it ?
It is a quick mesh, takes me 5 minutes, if you want me to.

Aha shit. I feel really sorry; We did not understand each other ^^
I just wanted the very same square model with the billboarded stuff but which doesn't crash when I select it, not the actual vase model. Even though the wrapping is ugly, the model itself is actually quite good !

I'm really sorry... I hope it didn't eat up too much of your time (but I may still you use though!)

The model is to be an indicator on the map (which is why is must keep its shape whatever the camera angle is or it's ugly).

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

A model needs a sequence. If it has no sequence, what is it supposed to play ?
I wonder why it did work without one and only crashed when selecting it.
Should crash the WE, if a model has no animation, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.